2009 Candy White Caddy

Show off your caddy
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

2009 Candy White Caddy

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Been pointed in this direction for some good advice and information on modifying my caddy.

To start with it’s a 2009 so prefacelift. It’s bog basic with windy windows and no aircon etc.

I looked on eBay for a while and couldn’t find one I wanted so put a wanted advert out on a few Facebook groups and got a reply. 10 hour journey to one end of the country and back I got myself exactly what I wanted. 2009, SDI engine, single sliding door with nice low mileage.

Not sure on pictures but...
The night it came home. Set off 6am and got back 8pm with a few breaks.

Touran dashboard, Adjustable armrest, 25th Edition seatbelts, 30th Edition leather/tartan seats, sunglasses holder, Touran carpets and floor mats, Facelift highline cluster, RCD330, reverse camera, Climatic, Mk5 leather MFSW, Cruise control, LED Projector headlights, 16” wheels, Leather handbrake / chrome button, Mk7 gearknob, Auto headlights & Fully carpeted, sound deadened and insulated!
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Re: 2009 Candy White Caddy

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

So the very first job was a full service and timing belt kit with water pump. It’s a 2009 van still on its original belt so technically 5 years over due!

The first day it parked on the drive, miles used, zero! Timing belt was number 1 job.

Stripped down looked like this, the belt was heavily worn, discoloured with the edges fraying, there was also a chunk missing sitting at the very bottom by the pulley so imo very lucky.

No pictures but a service followed with oil filter, engine oil, air filter, fuel filter and pollen filter.

I’ve ordered a full interior from a VW Touran which should be delivered soon.
Touran dashboard, Adjustable armrest, 25th Edition seatbelts, 30th Edition leather/tartan seats, sunglasses holder, Touran carpets and floor mats, Facelift highline cluster, RCD330, reverse camera, Climatic, Mk5 leather MFSW, Cruise control, LED Projector headlights, 16” wheels, Leather handbrake / chrome button, Mk7 gearknob, Auto headlights & Fully carpeted, sound deadened and insulated!
Bluebeard
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Bluebeard »

it certainly does look clean! nice find. why did you opt for the sdi over the tdi?
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Thanks, it’s the perfect starting point for my project van, low mileage, bodywork is basically 99%. Some lacquer peel on the bonnet but the full front end is being changed anyway.

I love the 2.0 PD SDI engines, they are excellent to potter around in. I can do lots of short journeys sometimes as well as one end of the country to the other so this is ideal, a big well built engine with no power to stress anything.

The TDIs are just a headache with big bills. I sold my Fabia Vrs with the ASZ engine (running around 260bhp) to pay for the caddy so know both sides of the coin.
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CaddyShack2k »

Just need to get used to little old ladies ripping past you on their electric scooters
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Celticrsmith »

CaddyShack2k wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:18 am Just need to get used to little old ladies ripping past you on their electric scooters
I'll second that :(
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

I didn’t buy it for drag strip use that’s for sure :lol:

Got my remapped Monte Carlo if I need abit extra power though.
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Celticrsmith »

Hutchysrs50 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:42 am I didn’t buy it for drag strip use that’s for sure :lol:

Got my remapped Monte Carlo if I need abit extra power though.
That is true mate. I keep telling myself it is only a van 8)
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Bought plenty more parts but nothing set into action yet so just have a huge pile of parts to be fitted.

I did do a small upgrade today as part of the facelift, swapped the key over into a Mk7 golf case. Also rebuilt the spare key into a new case as well so got two new keys now :)

Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

When i saw the username I wondered whether you were Hutchy off BriSkoda but now you've mentioned flogging you Fabia VRS and the fact you have a monte carlo too, I'm pretty sure you are! I've just flogged my monte carlo to pay for my VW Caddy and my other half has just sold his special edition fabia VRS to fund his brand new Ford Focus ST Line X (He's lucky I've not left him for such treachery!)

Interested to see what you get upto on the van!
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Golfchick wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:52 am When i saw the username I wondered whether you were Hutchy off BriSkoda but now you've mentioned flogging you Fabia VRS and the fact you have a monte carlo too, I'm pretty sure you are!
Aha! Sure is... small world :D

Got some Leon FR seats yesterday and expecting 2 pallets of parts tomorrow morning so I’ll update tomorrow with progress on that!
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

So a lorry rolled up today with a pallet, I expected two but at least if the weather improves a little I might have a productive weekend.

Last edited by Hutchysrs50 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Got started with some of the fitting today. First job was to change the dashboard to a nicer Touran one

Before, standard dash

During the job, all stripped out

And an after one with it fitted

I’ve not finished yet as I’ve got plenty of other parts to swap over yet including the carpets, seats and centre console.
Ddraeg
100BHP+

Post by Ddraeg »

New dash looks much cleaner! Excellent work! Dare I ask how long it took!?
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

Nice work on the dash. Any advice or things to watch out for when doing it? Mine is still waiting to be done, weather looks awful yet again this weekend. :(
Instagram: @y_5cuf