2009 Candy White Caddy

Show off your caddy
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: 2009 Candy White Caddy

Post by Whitey »

You can pick up a set really cheap on ebay if you don't mind them coming from China. Make sure you get the RHD ones though as the brake and clutch are not interchangeable!
Liam
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Liam »

nice one
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
JD2k
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by JD2k »

Nice! I've just got a set off ebay which should arrive this week.. good to hear they're not a pain to fit! Bet they'll be pain to keep clean though :shock:
ImageImageImage
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Looking for the false pedal on the left now, I need a full set.

They were just cheap eBay covers, £9 posted they cost, took a week to come from China, like has been said though make sure they are RHD version
Touran dashboard, Adjustable armrest, 25th Edition seatbelts, 30th Edition leather/tartan seats, sunglasses holder, Touran carpets and floor mats, Facelift highline cluster, RCD330, reverse camera, Climatic, Mk5 leather MFSW, Cruise control, LED Projector headlights, 16” wheels, Leather handbrake / chrome button, Mk7 gearknob, Auto headlights & Fully carpeted, sound deadened and insulated!
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

I got a footrest cover off a guy from ebay a while back for my Leon Cupra R. Not an oem piece but nicely made. Took it out the Leon to go in the caddy, shape is slightly off on the bottom but no biggie!
Liam
Hyper Poster

Post by Liam »

looks dead smart
Build thread here
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Whitey wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:12 pm I got a footrest cover off a guy from ebay a while back for my Leon Cupra R. Not an oem piece but nicely made. Took it out the Leon to go in the caddy, shape is slightly off on the bottom but no biggie!
Looks the best fitting one I’ve seen so far but been told by a few people the Audi S3 ones are a perfect fit so keeping an eye out for one of those.
Touran dashboard, Adjustable armrest, 25th Edition seatbelts, 30th Edition leather/tartan seats, sunglasses holder, Touran carpets and floor mats, Facelift highline cluster, RCD330, reverse camera, Climatic, Mk5 leather MFSW, Cruise control, LED Projector headlights, 16” wheels, Leather handbrake / chrome button, Mk7 gearknob, Auto headlights & Fully carpeted, sound deadened and insulated!
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Two updates today.

Decided to have a little play about with the handbrake leaver to make it match everything els....

The gear knob is having red stitching and the steering wheel is getting retrimmed with fresh leather and red stitching. I wanted to wait until it was all fitted and working before getting it done so will update that once it’s finished... but this will have to do for now :)

Second update.

Reverse camera got delivered yesterday so had a quick play around with it.
Got the actual camera all fitted into place which is the tricky bit drilling the holes and keeping everything solid and water tight, really happy with the fitting.

Also removed the radio and wired everything that end with the adaptor. Put vcds on and coded reverse camera and tested that which works. When I select reverse the radio looks for a camera so that’s both ends done, just need to wire up now when I get a chance.

Last edited by Hutchysrs50 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liam
Hyper Poster

Post by Liam »

and the mods keep on coming - nice bit of stitching 👍🏻
Build thread here
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

Nice work on the trimming mate. The Leon Cupra R is basically a 'poor mans' S3. It's pretty much the same car bar the quattro. The dash is pretty much identical inc floor pan so imagine the foot area and plastics are too!? - let me know if you source one with a slightly more curved bottom :)
Nice work on RCD reverse cam too. I wasn't sure what to do with the cable so just fed the wire out from the bottom of the main grommet (not ideal as not water tight!) and passed under the handle plastic. Where did you drill to feed the cable please mate?
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Liam wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:49 pm and the mods keep on coming - nice bit of stitching 👍🏻
It’s a never ending game. Got the W8 light waiting to be fitted. That reminds me, have I updated with the sunglasses holder yet?! :lol:
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Whitey wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:50 pm Nice work on the trimming mate.....
I’ll compare a few pictures and over which ones best. Sort of tempted to just order the materials and make my own since it’s cheap and easy.

As for the wiring I removed the black panel bit that holds the reg plate bulbs and drilled a 10mm hole which was just enough to force the plugs through. I then drilled another hole behind that and into the back of the van I seen the grommet you mentioned but like you say it’s a fixed sealed grommet keeping it water tight. Once I re-fitted everything I pushed some spare wire into the trim and covered the hole over with tiger seal so it’s solid and water tight now.
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

I guess in all the excitement of the engine rebuild a boring update got left behind.

Fitted a sunglasses holder where the grab handle used to be, probably never use it but it’s an added accessory all the same :roll:

Also made some lights for a customer, they’ve asked me to test them out for a few days so will be testing them over the weekend.

Tp88
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Tp88 »

Hutchysrs50 wrote:I guess in all the excitement of the engine rebuild a boring update got left behind.

Fitted a sunglasses holder where the grab handle used to be, probably never use it but it’s an added accessory all the same :roll:

Also made some lights for a customer, they’ve asked me to test them out for a few days so will be testing them over the weekend.

Those lights looks amazing!? Where and how much were they?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk