2009 Candy White Caddy

Show off your caddy
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Re: 2009 Candy White Caddy

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Golfchick wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:28 pm Hutchy which roof lights did you go with? It's one of my next jobs to do but wondering which are short enough to fit above the roof but also be held in place by the fact that the roof lining is so thin.
These are the exact ones I bought.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2953802629

Screws into the roof lining fine but remember I used 3mm ply over the original roof lining and glued it into place before screwing then down to keep everything solid.

Also note although it doesn’t say anything you don’t get a power supply with them... was no problem since I was wiring them to spade connectors anyway so just opened the connector box and soldered two wires on the live and earth.
Touran dashboard, Adjustable armrest, 25th Edition seatbelts, 30th Edition leather/tartan seats, sunglasses holder, Touran carpets and floor mats, Facelift highline cluster, RCD330, reverse camera, Climatic, Mk5 leather MFSW, Cruise control, LED Projector headlights, 16” wheels, Leather handbrake / chrome button, Mk7 gearknob, Auto headlights & Fully carpeted, sound deadened and insulated!
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

Ahh ok yeah I wanted to completely avoid any that required screwing down really. Didn’t want to have to add more weight really, especially when I only really want four small additional lights for overnight use.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

The decking ones are aluminium surround push in. Easy peasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maverick58
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Maverick58 »

Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Since fitting the Touran dashbord the trims have let it down due to “soft touch” rubber coating vw put on everything starting to wear off.

I spent a few hours stripping them down to bare plastic and got them painted a nice gloss black colour. I’ve only fitted a few but it looks miles better already.

As you can see I’m still waiting for the dash cage part that holds the radio and heater controls despite ordering 3 from 3 different people... couriers holding me up this time.

And a little one showing the cruise control stalk also :lol:
Touran dashboard, Adjustable armrest, 25th Edition seatbelts, 30th Edition leather/tartan seats, sunglasses holder, Touran carpets and floor mats, Facelift highline cluster, RCD330, reverse camera, Climatic, Mk5 leather MFSW, Cruise control, LED Projector headlights, 16” wheels, Leather handbrake / chrome button, Mk7 gearknob, Auto headlights & Fully carpeted, sound deadened and insulated!
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Also got a small collection of parts from the dealers building up now, various new trims, clips, gaskets, seals, nuts, bolts wiring...

brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

The gloss black trims make a vast improvement!!

I’ve got a similar pile waiting to go on, I get a bit done then see something else and think “I need that” and it get added to the pile

Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Well today was a good day!
The replacement radio/dash cage turned up so could start putting the parts I’ve had sitting around into place.

Finally fitted the RCD330, new climatic heater controls and replacement gloss black surround to match the rest of the trims.
I know the climatic controls might seem a little pointless but the heated seat switches will be wired up correctly with heated seats and it’s the facelift type with the temperatures wrote on the plastic and climatic on the middle which I suppose is rare if nothing els :lol:

Next up was the handbrake leaver. I got given a replacement leather one from a Touran, it’s seen better days but feels so much nicer to use! I’ll give it a little bit of TLC and clean it up. Also... my caddy has never had a handbrake button since owning it so got a replacement chrome one.

And everything back into place
Last edited by Hutchysrs50 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

pecik91
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by pecik91 »

Awesome!
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Basically finished with the interior for now, did a few other changes but I’ll update another time with those.

Time to move onto the engine. It’s a 2.0 SDI with 70,000 miles and is starting to show its age a little bit now. It’s got a few oil leaks and a slight judder on idle but only very slightly.

I’ve bought new oil filter housing gasket (the metal one bolting to the block) new fuel pump gasket to sort the leaks and a new wiring harness for the injectors to see if it cures the judder since it’s a common fault.

Old and new side by side.

Anyway, it didn’t fix my problem but it gave me a good opportunity to inspect everything and seen I had 3
Injectors the same with 1 odd one, figured it had been changed before I bought it.
The part number is for a 1.9 engine not 2.0 so might be slightly different so going to replace it with a new correct part matching injector.
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

I’ve purchased a nice new injector, full set of 4 injector seals and bolts and also sent a few emails regarding a top end rebuild kit so new camshaft (forged steel) new black top double spring tappets, bearings, bolts and seals so will just do everything at the same time anyway!

As for today I thought I’d fit the autolight kit I bought a little while ago. Quite easy to do, pop the old switch out, plug in the sensor and then plug that into the new light switch. I ran the wire down the side of the dash and stuck it at the bottom of the windscreen, done!

Since the weather was still nice thought I’d do the rear wiper delete, everything was straight forward but decided to make life harder for myself and try to get the seal and nut fitted on the back of it so took an extra half an hour!

Removed no problem

And the blank in place
Ddraeg
100BHP+

Post by Ddraeg »

Lots of excellent interior mods here!
Where did you source the blank for the rear wiper delete?
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Ddraeg wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:54 pm Lots of excellent interior mods here!
Where did you source the blank for the rear wiper delete?
Thanks, the inside is transformed that’s for sure.

The rear wiper delete was one of those blanks for B&Q! £1.50 or somthing like that with the subber seal on the back. It’s tbe exact size for the hole so perfect.

I just had it painted to colour code it properly but most people just leave them standard white anyway.
Ddraeg
100BHP+

Post by Ddraeg »

Hutchysrs50 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:17 pm Thanks, the inside is transformed that’s for sure.

The rear wiper delete was one of those blanks for B&Q! £1.50 or somthing like that with the subber seal on the back. It’s tbe exact size for the hole so perfect.

I just had it painted to colour code it properly but most people just leave them standard white anyway.
Off to B&Q this weekend then! Thanks!
Keep up the dope work!