GolfChicks Red Van

Show off your caddy
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Re: GolfChicks Red Van

Post by Golfchick »

Bought both the sliding rail and tabletop from eBay users, then I've used some steel rods from bnq combined with plastic box joins and some chopped up wood. Figured it all out mostly myself as I knew what I wanted to achieve.
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

Had an idea this week to make use of some of the vacant space in the van so I've made a storage area in the sliding door, this one will mostly house the biking bits such as degreaser and bike wash etc. So it was made tall enough with the opening enough to get them in and out. Eventually inside will be carpeted along with the panel. Removed the panel from the otherside but with so much space I can't decide how to break it up.

ImageIMG_1718 by Alison Clarke, on Flickr
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

Other storage pocket done, again it will be trimmed eventually but really pleased with my jigsawing.

ImageIMG_1726 by Alison Clarke, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1726 by Alison Clarke, on Flickr
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

Some changes happened prior to Ard Rock festival weekend. Managed to slap on all the sound deadening and did the bulk of the carpeting. Finished it off on Sunday and just waiting to cover the roof lining now and reinstall it. The sound deadening has made a massive difference. Really chuffed with how the cooking shelf has come out and it worked perfectly cooking my hotdogs. Just need to install some rubber feet on to my cooker.

ImageIMG_1774 by Alison Clarke, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1781 by Alison Clarke, on Flickr
PaulC61
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by PaulC61 »

Inside of your Caddy is looking very sorted now, well done. Love the recessed coat hook.
My Pure Grey Maxi Kombi Build viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32111
Caddy0802
200BHP+

Post by Caddy0802 »

So happy with this me ..looks mint

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

caddychris2002
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by caddychris2002 »

Looking ace where did you get the table and coat hooks?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
digitracker
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by digitracker »

I love your idea with table fixed to the the door, please let me know where you got the table from, I would love to make one myself. I would also like to bring a usb power point into door from leisure battery as well, I would then be able to charge my tablet while having a brew it would make a lovely little office for my work. :D :D
Sparky6911
100BHP+

Post by Sparky6911 »

Hi,

Really like some of your ideas, just wondering where you got the coat hook / hanger from and where have you put them?

Thanks

Dave
JD2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by JD2k »

Great work with all the storage mods and folding table!
What did you fix the carpeted board with the fuse box to? I am looking to do something similar to cover my leisure battery set up under the passenger seat.
ImageImageImage
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

The pop out coat hook was an ebay find because I knew I didn't want a simple hook so went looking for it. It needs a 1 inch hole to be recessed into and the idea is you fasten a nut from behind. Once carpeted I left one hole untaped and was planning on trying super glue to hold it in place but the hole was such a perfect size that with the carpet also in its way it was a really tight perfect fit.

The table top is another ebay find, a lot of campervan places offer bespoke table tops so its just one of those. I combined it with a sliding table rail and came up with the rods from b+q and the ledges etc myself.

The fusebox cover is a simple wooden three sided box which rests on the top of the battery and then sits either side of the battery into the footwell. It was installed prior to my ownership and I've covered it over with carpe and the fusebox to make it look smarter.
JD2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by JD2k »

Thanks! I can see that from the side now Does your leisure battery have any ventilation tube coming off it? I read up that the battery gives off hydrogen and oxygen when discharging but I think that’s mainly lead acid batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImageImage
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

No ventilation nope but really only the top and sides are covered, there's still a lot of exposed battery it's just you can't see those exposed sides from the back of the van. If they do give off any sort of gas etc. I'm definitely not worried because it really isn't enclosed at all.
JD2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by JD2k »

Yeah it shouldn’t be a problem I think it’s only a concern for camper vans where the battery is stored in an enclosed box.. It doesn’t seem to be a major concern which is probably why it’s not been mentioned on the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImageImage
digitracker
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by digitracker »

Thanks for your reply, I have just spotted a 400 x 400 mm table top in royal blue (almost a British gas blue) on eBay, will take a measurement tonight when I get home and hopefully I will get it. Thanks for your inspirational idea, I wouldn't have thought to fit a table like that .