Source and fit Touran folding seats
Source and fit Touran dashboard.

Fitted VanX smoked 3rd brake light

Fitted RNS315 with Bluetooth, DAB and satnav

Fitted GPS receiver to top or windscreen

Fitted pressed plates

Fitted VanX smoked indicators

Fitted Heco wind deflectors

Changed CAN BUS for later model to get around the battery drain issue. Had to copy the options from the old CAN BUS, and match it on the new one using VCDS.

Fitted new interior light and VW microphone and loom for the hands free

Removed bulkhead

Last edited by xaheadx on Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluebeard
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: 2006 Silver Caddy

Post by Bluebeard »

blimey you don't hang around, top work!
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

What do you mean “changed canbus for newer model”

What does that involve doing?
Touran dashboard, Adjustable armrest, 25th Edition seatbelts, 30th Edition leather/tartan seats, sunglasses holder, Touran carpets and floor mats, Facelift highline cluster, RCD330, reverse camera, Climatic, Mk5 leather MFSW, Cruise control, LED Projector headlights, 16” wheels, Leather handbrake / chrome button, Mk7 gearknob, Auto headlights & Fully carpeted, sound deadened and insulated!
xaheadx
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by xaheadx »

Involves buying a later model can bus gateway, pulling the old one out, installing the new one and then coding it to match it my previous one using VCDS. Otherwise the VNS315 would keep killing my battery.
Hutchysrs50
100BHP+

Post by Hutchysrs50 »

Any details on what you bought and how you changed it?
I’ve heard about it but not sure which one my 2009 van has fitted, might still be the older version.
Touran dashboard, Adjustable armrest, 25th Edition seatbelts, 30th Edition leather/tartan seats, sunglasses holder, Touran carpets and floor mats, Facelift highline cluster, RCD330, reverse camera, Climatic, Mk5 leather MFSW, Cruise control, LED Projector headlights, 16” wheels, Leather handbrake / chrome button, Mk7 gearknob, Auto headlights & Fully carpeted, sound deadened and insulated!
xaheadx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by xaheadx »

Hi,
You can buy them off eBay either coded for about £80, or just buy an uncoded one and do it yourself using VCDS. It’s plug and play, but you just need to find it for your van. Mine was under the right side of the dash, but later models can be under the windscreen wiper motor in the engine bay.

Here is a guide for a golf.
https://www.my-gti.com/2296/can-bus-gat ... wagen-golf

Here is for example a can bus gateway from a 2012 Caddy on eBay. There’s plenty more if you look.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1992011313
xaheadx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by xaheadx »

Booked in this week for fitting parking sensors, and next week for lowering using H&R 40-60mm drop kit. Yay :)
dizzee stuff
Hyper Poster

Post by dizzee stuff »

This thread reminds me of when I started on my van, enjoy yourself spending lots of money :D
xaheadx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by xaheadx »

Indeed! Good fun tho :D

I’ve become quite adept at dismantling it to find things, and fit things.

Today’s job chasing some random speaker cable from the fuse box in the engine bay all the way to the back of the van. Unfortunately no photos and I’m filthy. It ran under the floor and then was wired into both lights, I think it was a feed for some sort of equipment as it had a power lead spliced into it. Ugh! Was absolutely filthy under the floor being an old chippys van.
adrianglasgow
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by adrianglasgow »

Hi very nice van. What's your engine code? Did you need any mechanical mods for the 160hp remap? Thanks.
xaheadx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by xaheadx »

Nothing mechanical changed. Was all through the OBD port. Stage 2 needs mechanical changes.
:D
xaheadx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by xaheadx »

Update:
Started removing the rear wiper.
Unfortunately upon removing the wooden door panel, someone had mullered the metalwork changing the wiper motor in the past!! :shock:

Ahh well, made it easy to get out the motor without having to disassemble the door mechanism. Just got to wait for my bung to dry to finish it off.

Changed the washer pump for a single output rather than a double to solve the possibility of water leaking in the back of the van if I ever catch the stalk. Decided to leave it all intact in case someone in the future wanted to put a wiper back on.

Will add photos later.
Ddraeg
100BHP+

Post by Ddraeg »

I'd be interested to see your wiper delete, would like to do the same to mine! Do you have images of your washer pump change too?
xaheadx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by xaheadx »

Ddraeg wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:58 am I'd be interested to see your wiper delete, would like to do the same to mine! Do you have images of your washer pump change too?
Unfortunately I don’t have any photos of taking out the pump. Mine was located at the bottom of the washer bottle, on the drivers side of the van. I got access to it by removing the bumper trim (the fog light recess). The pump is in a slot on the front of the bottle, and slides upwards to release. Water will come out the bottle through the hole until it’s below the level of it. You need to ascertain which hose is which before you remove them, on mine (2006 1.9TDi) the rear had a white clip and the front had a black clip.. who knows what’s on yours? Just chase them down from above.

Standard two pin VW plug, remove that carefully. Take your new single output pump and put on the hose, and then plug. Reseat in its home, and replace the trim. Check it works.

I got my pump from a scrappy for £5, but you can source on eBay. Any VW pump should do as they are a fairly standard part.

As a consequence to removing the rear washer, the stalk on the steering wheel now sprays water on the front windscreen in both directions :roll: except when pushed forwards the wipers don’t engage. Not a problem really and maybe handy when you just need to clean bugs off the screen :lol:

Easy peasy!
Ddraeg
100BHP+

Post by Ddraeg »

xaheadx wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:07 pm Unfortunately I don’t have any photos of taking out the pump. Mine was located at the bottom of the washer bottle, on the drivers side of the van. I got access to it by removing the bumper trim (the fog light recess). The pump is in a slot on the front of the bottle, and slides upwards to release. Water will come out the bottle through the hole until it’s below the level of it. You need to ascertain which hose is which before you remove them, on mine (2006 1.9TDi) the rear had a white clip and the front had a black clip.. who knows what’s on yours? Just chase them down from above.

Standard two pin VW plug, remove that carefully. Take your new single output pump and put on the hose, and then plug. Reseat in its home, and replace the trim. Check it works.

I got my pump from a scrappy for £5, but you can source on eBay. Any VW pump should do as they are a fairly standard part.

As a consequence to removing the rear washer, the stalk on the steering wheel now sprays water on the front windscreen in both directions :roll: except when pushed forwards the wipers don’t engage. Not a problem really and maybe handy when you just need to clean bugs off the screen :lol:

Easy peasy!
Thanks so much for the information, I'll start my hunt for a single output pump. I have seen somewhere on here a process for tying up the rear windscreen washer hose to prevent leakage but your process sounds a little more certain. I assume there's no coding to be done and no errors popping up?
Mine is a 2010 pre-facelift SDI, I'll let you know if I discover the same clips and set up as you when I get round to it!