Ex British Gas Work Van

Show off your caddy
andylad21
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Ex British Gas Work Van

Post by andylad21 »

Nice job on the paneling pal, did you mark up yourself or buy a pre fab?
Sparky6911
100BHP+

Post by Sparky6911 »

patman11 wrote:How do you find manoeuvring with the longer wheelbase? I would always forget how much more awkward my lwb T4 was than my swb! See quite a few of these ex british vans around my area, lovely colour. Did you buy it straight from them?
It's dead easy to drive, I came from a long wheelbase transit custom so this feels really short and nimble, love driving it

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Sparky6911
100BHP+

Post by Sparky6911 »

andylad21 wrote:Nice job on the paneling pal, did you mark up yourself or buy a pre fab?
No I bought the side panels from a eBay seller, I asked for them in 9mm ply so I could secure the middle shelf to them

Sparky6911
100BHP+

Post by Sparky6911 »

Lister79 wrote:That’s shocking workmanship from Sirus, from what people have said I was under the impression they were the best out there. If that’s the standard of the simple tasks I’d definitely be pulling it apart to check the welded points and that they have resealed underneath where it will have scorched the paint.
Other than that looking forward to seeing the build progress. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trust me I've been underneath and checked it in detail. I won't be using them again. I think I'll go with the touran conversion if I change the van

Sparky6911
100BHP+

Post by Sparky6911 »

I've been really slack at updating this, work takes me away for most of the winter

Finally got some photos of the changes, bulkhead now covered including speaker pods, I've upgraded the speakers to Phoenix Gold components up front, Phoenix Gold Coaxial speakers in the rear pods and Pioneer under seat sub married to an Xtrons android head unit, much better.

You can also see the modular nature of the interior, we have options of full width pass through box, 1/3 pass through box or all 3 seats in place
ImageImage

The is the rear of the van loaded while working in Italy

I've also fitted some lovely S-Line half leather, half alcantara seats

Lowered the Van with a flip kit and springs from Prosport and fitted new black steel wheels for my snow tyres. Also fitted new top mounts, drop links, lower arms and ARB bushes.

The only bit of bad news, now got a lovely big dent in the back door so currently looking for a replacement, I've found a white one for £90 so might get that if I can't find a blue one in the next couple of weeks. Think I might get the bumpers colour coded at the she time
Sparky6911
100BHP+

Post by Sparky6911 »

I've also fitted a Touran dash and a full carpet set including rear foot well pockets. I'll try to get photos of these tomorrow

Sean1066
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Sean1066 »

how did you get the dent?
where the Touran carpets easy to do and how long did it take? I have Touran front carpet to fit in mine?
i see you got your van from the same place as me. Exeter diesels
Caddy maxi 3.2 VR6 EX BG

My build thread
https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=36851
Sparky6911
100BHP+

Post by Sparky6911 »

Sean1066 wrote:how did you get the dent?
where the Touran carpets easy to do and how long did it take? I have Touran front carpet to fit in mine?
i see you got your van from the same place as me. Exeter diesels
The dent was caused by one of the lads that sometimes works for me reversing into a parked car at a French service station. Poor last was so stressed as it was his 1st prang.

It was pretty easy to for the carpets, took out the seats, center console (hardest part) and lower time of the dash and it just dropped into place. The improved sound deadening makes it a great upgrade.

Exeter diesels have been great, I could have probable got it cheaper but I wanted the DSG version so not too many of them about and their service has been faultless even replacing the clutch pack FoC after 4 months

I'll definitely use them again

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

reecewxxd
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by reecewxxd »

Colour coded bumpers would really look the part. Nice Maxi!
Sparky6911
100BHP+

Post by Sparky6911 »

reecewxxd wrote:Colour coded bumpers would really look the part. Nice Maxi!
Cheers, is been fun to work on