Crs_b's Caddy - The Daily

Show off your caddy
Crs_b
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Crs_b's Caddy - The Daily

Post by Crs_b » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Still waiting for my parts to be painted and tyres to be put on the new wheels so I thought I would tick some other things off the list. I finally got the foot well lights installed as well as the red mood lighting that comes on with the lights. I chose to put the red lights in both footwells, under the ashtray and 1 in the roof.

I bought about 20 of these diffused red LEDs with a couple of styles of bulb holders.

I T’d off of the illumination wire and earth on the ASR plug and made this horrendous thing

Then ran all cables and everything to where I wanted them to go, I also ran a power and earth from the interior light to the foot wells for the white lights. One thing that will help out is that I put coloured heat shrink on the cables to make finding everything easier if a bulb was to ever go.

One thing I did have to do was cut a bit of plastic in the passenger footwell and bend it up as you could see the bulb if you we’re sat in the passenger seat. All I did was take a heat gun to it and bent it up and round. I also had to cut the foam cover a bit, I’m still not happy with the placement of the light as it creates a shadow, so in the future ill space it out so if illuminates the whole foot well.

All in all, I’m pretty happy with the results, the white footwell lights really make a difference and the red mood lights give off a very subtle glow that isn’t overpowering and tacky. Forgive me for the photos its hard to take pictures of the red lights on black carpet so I threw a rag on the floor so you can see something at least :lol:

Now i'm in the final stages of getting the exterior finished, everything I'm having painted is now with the guy spraying the stuff and the wheels and suspension are still taking up a load of space in the living room :D fingers crossed it'll all be on in a month.

2008 - VW Caddy - 1.9Tdi - The Daily
1991 - Mercedes 190e - 2.6 - Show car project
1991 - VW Mk2 Golf - 1.8T - Race car project
2006 - VW Passat - 1.9tdi - Breaking for spares

Crs_b
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Crs_b's Caddy - The Daily

Post by Crs_b » Thu May 16, 2019 8:58 pm

Finally got the bumpers, wheels, tyres, suspension and colour coded trim on :D completely changes the look of it!

2008 - VW Caddy - 1.9Tdi - The Daily
1991 - Mercedes 190e - 2.6 - Show car project
1991 - VW Mk2 Golf - 1.8T - Race car project
2006 - VW Passat - 1.9tdi - Breaking for spares