My ex British Gas conversion

Show off your caddy
benc
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My ex British Gas conversion

Post by benc »

Looking good, Quick question are you able to remove the caddy life rear seats?
Ed1g60
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Ed1g60 »

Very nice start indeed! I’ll be watching/learning :)
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

@benc yes mate, they fold flat, fold forward and lift out. The double seat is a bit cumbersome on your own but not the end of the world.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

@Ed1g60 cheers man, theres so much you can do to them, don't know when to stop!!!

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

A little bit more progress tonight, drivers side sliding door carpeted, I just need to make/find some door cards then get those carpeted to! Also carpeted the bulkhead delete panels and got the life passenger side step fitted. Didn't do the drivers side as I'm still running in wiring. Quite time consuming jobs but really make a difference!ImageImageImage

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

More progress, ordered the cover for the rear doors top catch and carpeted it, also carpeted and fitted the rear seat belt real covers. Knocked up a switch panel to go just inside the rear doors and built the arches, battery box, just need to anchor them all in properly and carpeted.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by robblowen on Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Upper catch cover.ImageImage

olig
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by olig »

Bit weird this, but are the bloke I've just bought some Ebay seats from? Your ideas for your Caddy are almost identical to mine, kid friendly microcamper. If it is you see you Saturday :) and I'll look forward to a bit of Caddy chat :)
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

@Olig Haha, yes mate it's me, I was just about to reply and say I'm good with Saturday between 10 and 11. You got a build thread up, always good to pinch some ideas off other people!

olig
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by olig »

Strange one that :) Only had the caddy a couple of days its 2.0tdi 140, quite quick it seems, I'll be coming in it on Saturday. I'll msg you via ebay for the address.
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

More progress this weekend although not many photos as I was rushing to get as much done as possible, but wires for the rear speakers are run in, main power cable for split charge kit is run in, fabricated the brackets for the l track on the roof and fitted the nutserts to the roof cross members, cut the roof lining, and cut out for spot lights and rear courtesy light, ordered the flooring and a new door mech for the o/s sliding door, dyed the roof lining (need to find some paint for the plastics) wires for the lights, switches, fuse box and leisure battery.

The biggest progress was finally finding the source of an annoying rattle, the first video is it happening under normal conditions, the second is the culprit! I'd started to worry as I couldn't find anything loose and the only time it didn't do it was when I pressed the clutch so my mind went straight to the dual mass! Well happy its just this little guard around the clutch pedal!//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d2346f4884 ... 125842.mp4//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d2346ec133 ... 112743.mp4

olig
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by olig »

Hiya again, got the rear bench I bought from you easy enough, dead pleased with it so cheers! Good luck with your build!
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

@olig no worries man, cheers hopefully I'm away in it this weekend so I need to get cracked on, if you need any help with mounting points etc give us a shout or theres plenty of threads around you just have to do a bit of searching!

olig
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by olig »

I wish I could see them, I'm too new :( .

Where the seat belt anchors to the floor does have its own bolt hole or share the rear mushroom bolt?

The 4 mushroom bolts for the rails were easy as I could see underneath where they go, but I cant see a spot for the bottom seat belt anchor. The top ones just have a hole so I'm going to have to workout how to get a captive nut on a plate inside the C pillar. Might resort to welding it on but I'm worried I might damage the paint on the outside with the heat as the cavity is narrow. Another option would be to cut a big hole either above or below and feed it down/up taking care not weaken the C Pillar too much.
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

@olig guessing you can't PM on here yet, you've got my mobile number from when you bought the seats if you drop me a message I can send you a few links/pics that might help with mounting points.