Badger's Caddy Manual to DSG Build

Show off your caddy
Badger89
Caddy2k Groupie

Badger's Caddy Manual to DSG Build

Post by Badger89 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:42 pm

Originally planning on keeping the Caddy standard for work purposes, slight change in circumstances mean I can modify it to work for me.

I drive many miles in stop start traffic so always preferred automatics (I have my motorbike for speed).

With a decent spec DSG Caddy Maxi costing a good £2k+ over a manual version - I decided I would build my own.

Having sourced a fully working donor (very very cheap) to get the parts I need and wiring, I'll be fitting all this into the Caddy once I have build what I need outside on the bench.

I got the Passat instead of the Touran based version due to the longer ratio, lower initial cost and access to wiring diagrams - these DQ250 DSG are also the updated mechatronic version and has been serviced regularly.

There are a few other parts to sort on this Caddy while I'm at it and will converting to ASZ while I'm there.

Done

Front Discs and Pads
FADR Stage 1 Remap

To Do

Lower Dog Bone Mount
6 Speed DSG Gearbox Conversion
Carpet Lining and Workshop
Cruise
Clocks
Seats
Last edited by Badger89 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Badger89
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Badger's Caddy Maxi Build

Post by Badger89 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:26 pm

Brakes and Wing Mirror

Treated the van with some new discs and pads (courtesy of ECP MID60 sale) and ripped out the old manky floor and gave it a good clean - this needs to be sterile...

Also accidentally knocked off the wing mirror when closing the door, turns out someone decided to hot glue the old one back on - so needed a temporary fix for the mean time.

Badger89
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Badger's Caddy Maxi Build

Post by Badger89 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:44 pm

As this is going to be the new business van, I needed to clean it up, fit security locks and build the workshop to the rear, here is the start.

Next step is to finish off the locks and build the desk and storage followed by some drivetrain upgrades.

Badger89
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Badger's Caddy Manual to DSG Build

Post by Badger89 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Original post updated and finished installing the security locks and building the workshop in the rear.ImageImage