Bls engine swap to another 1.9 tdi has anyone done it

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Dave32800
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Bls engine swap to another 1.9 tdi has anyone done it

Post by Dave32800 »

Hi I have a vw caddy with two dropped valves and have been offered a golf 1.9 tdi (bkc) engine including everything, would it be a simple swap? As I was thinking the wiring side of things and ecu? Is it a simple just unplug job like I once done on my bmw or is it something that would have to reprogrammed to the vehicle? Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers dave
reggy_vw
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Bls engine swap to another 1.9 tdi has anyone done it

Post by reggy_vw »

Did u ever try the swap mate? In the same situation would b nice to know if its possible?
Dave32800
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dave32800 »

Na I haven't done it yet, as I was going to get my engine rebuilt but the engine builder said its beyond repair an I mite as well wait until a bls engine pops up but there never seems to be any, so toying with the idea of putting a pd 150 engine in, but not sure if its a simple change?
reggy_vw
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by reggy_vw »

Dave32800 wrote:Na I haven't done it yet, as I was going to get my engine rebuilt but the engine builder said its beyond repair an I mite as well wait until a bls engine pops up but there never seems to be any, so toying with the idea of putting a pd 150 engine in, but not sure if its a simple change?
Id give darkside developments a call theyve converted a couple of caddys, ones a bmm 2.0 tdi 8v which is the route i wanted to go down but another bls came up cheap n its a straight swap. Basicaly i chickened out n need my van for work asap :( i was mainly concerned about gettin it runnin electrical wise ecu etc.... Let us know if u try the pd150 :)
quad_man
200BHP+

Post by quad_man »

reggy_vw wrote: Id give darkside developments a call theyve converted a couple of caddys, ones a bmm 2.0 tdi 8v which is the route i wanted to go down but another bls came up cheap n its a straight swap. Basicaly i chickened out n need my van for work asap :( i was mainly concerned about gettin it runnin electrical wise ecu etc.... Let us know if u try the pd150 :)

pd130 better than 150 all day long