Touran seats fitted!!!! Seat belts

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Mashona
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Touran seats fitted!!!! Seat belts

Post by Mashona »

I've got my Touran middle seats fitted now after some welding and drilling......
The space for the seat belts in the pillar is filled by the door slide rail,
I'm wondering if you can modify this to take the touran belts or do I need maxi seat belts?

Thanks,

Phil.
Mashona
Caddy Fan

Re: Touran seats fitted!!!! Seat belts

Post by Mashona »

Anyone!!!!
drw42
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by drw42 »

Mashona wrote:I've got my Touran middle seats fitted now after some welding and drilling......
The space for the seat belts in the pillar is filled by the door slide rail,
I'm wondering if you can modify this to take the touran belts or do I need maxi seat belts?

Thanks,

Phil.
Not sure what you are asking but I think I may have had the problem. On the offside I fitted the inertia real behind the pillar.

On the near side there is a big lump in the way where there appears to be a inside cover for the sliding door rail. Image I thought about trying to cut it out or beat it flat but wasn't sure if there would be room even then. You can see I have given it a bit of a whack. I'm sorry to say I bottled it as it isn't a very old van and didn't want to cock it up. However you can weld the spreader plate to the outside and simply fit the inertia reel sticking out. I will put some sort of cover over it or box it in when I get round to it.

Also someone said they had to get the spreader plates ground off because they have a raise edge. I just squashed them flat in a vice and used the whole thing Image

Hope that is some help since there were no other answers Best of luck Woody
Mashona
Caddy Fan

Post by Mashona »

drw42 wrote: Not sure what you are asking but I think I may have had the problem. On the offside I fitted the inertia real behind the pillar.

On the near side there is a big lump in the way where there appears to be a inside cover for the sliding door rail. Image I thought about trying to cut it out or beat it flat but wasn't sure if there would be room even then. You can see I have given it a bit of a whack. I'm sorry to say I bottled it as it isn't a very old van and didn't want to cock it up. However you can weld the spreader plate to the outside and simply fit the inertia reel sticking out. I will put some sort of cover over it or box it in when I get round to it.

Also someone said they had to get the spreader plates ground off because they have a raise edge. I just squashed them flat in a vice and used the whole thing Image

Hope that is some help since there were no other answers Best of luck Woody
Cheers Woody,
Ive got 2 sliding doors therefore both belts need to be mounted sitting inwards.
Thanks for the pictures.
bigmac
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by bigmac »

I've got a factory built maxi Kombi van and my seat belts look like they bolt onto the hole where yours is, but mine is on the outside with a plastic cover over it which clips into the slots around the opening
Postman_bat
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Postman_bat »

All rear caddy seatbelts r sticking out mate hense the big plastic covers over them

Then if u fit these trims they cover the reel
Wind Welder
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by Wind Welder »

Hi,

Yep reels are on the outside. My maxi kombi has them that way round anyway.

Cheers Trev.
Butch 1980
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Butch 1980 »

Do you have any pictures on how the seat belt is attached to the floor please ?
Woj_88
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Woj_88 »

Could I jump in too and ask if there are any photos of how everyone has attached the seatbelt to the floor too? Thanks!
Woj_88
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Woj_88 »

Do you have a part number for the access panel for the jack goes, I have the exact same panel minus the access cover 🤦🏻‍♂️