Bls engine needed. Big Bang and sudden stop

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Rs4-cab
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Bls engine needed. Big Bang and sudden stop

Post by Rs4-cab »

Anyone got an old engine with a good block forsale mine has an extra exhaust port now !
Will take part or complete engine
1.9TDi (104) Full elects and a/c, Mfsw Steering wheel, GOlf r line front Brakes, Sat nav with intergrated phone kit, Colour Premium dash cluster, OE Touran xenon headlights, Appearance pack front bumper, Caddy life arm rest. Remaped, egr delete, hybrid turbo Golf gtd front seats.19" taledaga alloys. 2016 rear lights.
To come: R32 exhaust, Carpeted load area, etc. etc.
geezer
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Bls engine needed. Big Bang and sudden stop

Post by geezer »

Ouch!!
bond1407
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by bond1407 »

i'll be honest these are quite hard to find we sold our last one today
whites-all-righty
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by whites-all-righty »

sorry to hear that fella just before crimbo all u need, would you mind if i asked what its milage was? hope you get it sorted soon :)
beerbelly
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by beerbelly »

whites-all-righty wrote:sorry to hear that fella just before crimbo all u need, would you mind if i asked what its milage was? hope you get it sorted soon :)
I was worried about the reliability of vans with this engine until I read about people with huge mileages on them I don't think its as common as it sounds you only hear of the ones going pop you don't hear of the ones giving years of trouble free motoring theres millions of them out there mines a bls engine with 155k on it the way I look at it is if it was going to go bang it would have done it by now :)
http://www.billinghambodyrepairs.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BB13
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by BB13 »

I have just taken mine out to fit a golf BKD lump as its more tuneable, When I took it out it had prospected injector trouble, The head was rebuilt at the start of the year as I bought the van with a bent valve. So will be selling it as spares or repairs in the near future.
Rs4-cab
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Rs4-cab »

BB13 wrote:I have just taken mine out to fit a golf BKD lump as its more tuneable, When I took it out it had prospected injector trouble, The head was rebuilt at the start of the year as I bought the van with a bent valve. So will be selling it as spares or repairs in the near future.
Hi bud let me know please very interested ;)
1.9TDi (104) Full elects and a/c, Mfsw Steering wheel, GOlf r line front Brakes, Sat nav with intergrated phone kit, Colour Premium dash cluster, OE Touran xenon headlights, Appearance pack front bumper, Caddy life arm rest. Remaped, egr delete, hybrid turbo Golf gtd front seats.19" taledaga alloys. 2016 rear lights.
Rs4-cab
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Rs4-cab »

whites-all-righty wrote:sorry to hear that fella just before crimbo all u need, would you mind if i asked what its milage was? hope you get it sorted soon :)
To be fair it's done Over 347,000 miles lol
Last edited by Rs4-cab on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whites-all-righty
Twin Turbo poster

Post by whites-all-righty »

Rs4-cab wrote:To be fair it's done Over 300,000 miles lol

I'd say it had a decent innings then bud 300k is good milage, im only at 83,000 so I would consider that very low for a 2008 van and i'll be buying a brand new caddy in 12-18 months so will be under a 100k when i get round to flog it.

[/quote]
beerbelly wrote: I was worried about the reliability of vans with this engine until I read about people with huge mileages on them I don't think its as common as it sounds you only hear of the ones going pop you don't hear of the ones giving years of trouble free motoring theres millions of them out there mines a bls engine with 155k on it the way I look at it is if it was going to go bang it would have done it by now :)
I'd agree always hear the negative never the positive, as RS has said 300k I seen quite a few caddys that have done 200-400k so they are work horses if maintained oil and filters out every 8,000 miles for me and only use Castrol Edge oil :)
john_650sx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by john_650sx »

I found mine by hours of searching evilbay... Was £700 complete including turbo etc it wasn't listed as a BLS though so searching might pay off :)
Rs4-cab
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Rs4-cab »

Can't find one anywhere :(
beerbelly
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by beerbelly »

could you not just buy a £500 golf or skoda 1.9 tdi and swap everything over then you would have an engine that will outlast fossil fuel :?:
http://www.billinghambodyrepairs.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rs4-cab
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Rs4-cab »

beerbelly wrote:could you not just buy a £500 golf or skoda 1.9 tdi and swap everything over then you would have an engine that will outlast fossil fuel :?:
Trouble Is the bls is only engine that has the mountings in for the egr cooler to mount to built in
Gibbo
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Gibbo »

BB13 wrote:I have just taken mine out to fit a golf BKD lump as its more tuneable, When I took it out it had prospected injector trouble, The head was rebuilt at the start of the year as I bought the van with a bent valve. So will be selling it as spares or repairs in the near future.
i know this was a while back but have you done the engine swap ? Only I'm having problems with my BLS poss head gasket we think, but what else when stripped down that's the problem.
So I was wondering about a different engine all together !!!
Rs4-cab
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Rs4-cab »

Bls is only one that's got the mountings on the block for the egr cooler so if you want to stay original it need to be the same again the reason I changed was it was more cost effective in the long term and more power.
Mine had put a rod through the block as oil pump had collapsed but most of the engines I've done that had head problems turned out to be block issues as well so not worth doing.
The earlier pd goes in nicely and you can get over the crank sensor issue by repining it on the wiring and slight exhaust mod saves a lot of cash