terraclean?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
deanopolini
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

terraclean?

Post by deanopolini »

me mates garage just started doing a engine flush thing like terraclean for 100 but can get it for 70 few of the lads i know have had theres done and says its alot more responsive and smoother but dont know wether to take the risk as they just started doin it could be alright at first but dont know the long term effects any one had this kinda process done ?
GPG
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: terraclean?

Post by GPG »

deanopolini wrote:me mates garage just started doing a engine flush thing like terraclean for 100 but can get it for 70 few of the lads i know have had theres done and says its alot more responsive and smoother but dont know wether to take the risk as they just started doin it could be alright at first but dont know the long term effects any one had this kinda process done ?
I've heard good things and bad things about it, it's supposed to work well on some cars but others felt no major difference, it probably depends on how badly coked up the engine is, some reckon using a good fuel additive is just as good and a lot cheaper.
BIGWIG74
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by BIGWIG74 »

id be interested in hearing of some results first,i get bombarded nearly everyday on facebook about terraclean but dont know anyone who's tried them.my vans 140k so could be worth a try
06 raven blue c20 tdi
Ryan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by Ryan »

I have had it done and did notice a difference, what people don't realise is that it is a preventative measure and should be done approx once a year, people think it is going to cure there all their engine problems. As long as you have the mentality that it's worth a shot for £100 then you can't go wrong, expecting miracles tho, your never going to be happy
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I've used Terraclean and there was an improvement. I have MPG logs that showed a slight increase afterwards.
As Ryan said, its a "Service" and not just a once off thing. The more often you get it done the more improvement you will find or keep.
I don't fancy having something described as "engine flush thing like terraclean" when you can have the real thing for similar money.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Ryan
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryan »

I noticed a 2mpg increase, nothing to shout about, the mobile technician who did my terraclean said using good quality fuel is one of the best measures to help you engine stay reliable, I have only ever used V Power diesel since owning the van, for the extra few pound it can keep your engine a lot cleaner
dreads6
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by dreads6 »

Totally agree with that ryan... using v power even just ever other fill up is the best way to continually keep the engine running nice, imo
torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

I run shell standard diesel and put diesel rhino additive in every time
alarmfitter
Twin Turbo poster

Post by alarmfitter »

I spoke to my local terraclean agent in Romford he didn't know what he was talking about so I didn't bother
JonGrainger
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by JonGrainger »

What are the advantages of using a Diesal vPower? Is it marketing hype, or does it have some effect to the power or MPG?
Ryan
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryan »

I don't think v power has a massive difference on power and MPG, but it burns a lot better and it just a better quality fuel