caddy limited to 70mph?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
vwcaddytdi
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

caddy limited to 70mph?

Post by vwcaddytdi »

Hi everyone,

I was driving on the motorway in the slow lane, i came to overtake a driver doing 60mph i noticed the caddy wasnt going more then 70mph. This put me in a dilema as i hadn't made enough safe clearance to move back into the slow lane. At which point the driver in the slow lane over took me.

I've only owned the caddy afew days now. even with the accelorator down to the ground it wouldn't go any faster.

Are all caddys and vans limited?
vw caddy 1.9tdi c20 - 2008(58)
dalehill93
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: caddy limited to 70mph?

Post by dalehill93 »

Not all was it an ex British gas or some company like that? They tend to limit there vans. Jus contact anyone who can remap and they will be able to take it off the ecu.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Make sure you check for the limiter module on the pedal, before 2009 ish, BG used a pedal based limiter rather than a flash to the ECU.
You don't want to end up paying some remap guy to remove something that isn't there.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
vwcaddytdi
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by vwcaddytdi »

Thanks for the replys

mines was an ex - lease van. I'll definatly check to see if it has a module. I'm guessing it's a device that sits behind the pedal?

Another issue mine has when accelerating up when the speed reaches around 40mph the turbo seems to cut out. Would that be linked to the limiter or would that be a seperate issue?
vw caddy 1.9tdi c20 - 2008(58)