Terraclean yes or no

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Rs4-cab
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Terraclean yes or no

Post by Rs4-cab »

Right at the risk of being controversial I have read many threads about whether or not terra clean works or not so I figured the only way was to have ago ......
My van is a 2010 preface lift 1.9tdi that has just clocked 482,000 miles on original bls engine it averages 10,000 a month and has a full service every month to boot and apart from its on its second camshaft and followers it's completely original. As the mileage is high I have not bothered getting it mapped and just runaround as is but to be fair it's first one I have had that's not mapped and did feel flat.so took the plunge and took it today for a flush it took about hour start to finish and as I picked it up straight away it felt far more alive. It was more responsive on the throttle and felt more smooth on the power output.
Over the next 50 miles it did smoke a little on acceleration but has now cleared.
Now again I'm not looking for a big debate on how good it is I'm purely sharing my experience and for less than £100 I think it's well worth it will defiantly be getting the wife's little polo done now .......
1.9TDi (104) Full elects and a/c, Mfsw Steering wheel, GOlf r line front Brakes, Sat nav with intergrated phone kit, Colour Premium dash cluster, OE Touran xenon headlights, Appearance pack front bumper, Caddy life arm rest. Remaped, egr delete, hybrid turbo Golf gtd front seats.19" taledaga alloys. 2016 rear lights.
To come: R32 exhaust, Carpeted load area, etc. etc.
kevin
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Re: Terraclean yes or no

Post by kevin »

10,000 miles a month, what do u work as lol
Rs4-cab
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Rs4-cab »

The van deliverd formula 1 parts all over Europe might only have been a dozen bolts but it was we want them now so get in and go lol
1.9TDi (104) Full elects and a/c, Mfsw Steering wheel, GOlf r line front Brakes, Sat nav with intergrated phone kit, Colour Premium dash cluster, OE Touran xenon headlights, Appearance pack front bumper, Caddy life arm rest. Remaped, egr delete, hybrid turbo Golf gtd front seats.19" taledaga alloys. 2016 rear lights.
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

Have you noticed a difference in fuel economy at all??
Rs4-cab
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Rs4-cab »

At 60 in 5th it used to sit about 2500 revs it now sits about 2100 so not boosting all the time either it will be better on the mpg but not really done enough to check it yet but 100% pleased with the results I've had.
Adam87
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Adam87 »

How can it affect speed to revs as that would be down to gearing not turbo?
Rs4-cab
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Rs4-cab »

Adam87 wrote:How can it affect speed to revs as that would be down to gearing not turbo?
I think it must be down to a better flow though the engine perhaps better injection I have no idea but it defiantly made a difference and for £96 inc vat I'm not complaining
torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

Keep thinking of having it done as mine goes into limp at full throttle in top gear
Ryan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by Ryan »

Could that be the map Nick? It's worth a go for the money
torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

Had the map some time and it never used to do it so don't know, everyone keeps says it's turbo vanes
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I believe Terraclean offer some services over the standard clean which is only really for the fuel system.
If I remember correctly they offer a turbo service and a DPF service also.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Ryan
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryan »

Nick have a word with Clive I am sure he does a turbo clean
torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

Yes I've had a chat with Clive, he does have some kit to specifically clean the turbo and egr valve, but he rekons a tc would most probably do it
Ryan
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryan »

Happy days then