Caddy double din radio

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
dtracks
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Caddy double din radio

Post by dtracks »

I also took the plundge and went for this Android 4.4, 8" capacitive touch screen 2DIN headunit to replace my old RCD300. Straight fit, has key power support, and is loaded with features : Canbus support, reverse camara, Torque with ODBII dongle, GPS, bluetooth Handsfree, Steering wheel control (if you have one) and the Google playstore available to install any app you want.
Sound quality is very good, have a 64GB USB flash drive connected with all my music, Radio sensitivity is not as good as the RDC300.
For the moment very happy with it , but I'm still investigating for battery drain issues to see if I will need to replace my CAN gateway.
The seller says that even turned off the unit has a standby 8mA power consumption. I've been using my van almost everyday so it has been a bit difficult to check.

Some pics :
Attachments
DSC_0024 [800x600].JPG
DSC_0021 [800x600].JPG
DSC_0019 [800x600].JPG
Bad666
200BHP+

Post by Bad666 »

I’ve taken a big plunge and found a guy who supply and fit discovery media & reverse camera for £1100 2 year warranty. I’ll show pics when in Thursday coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
donnielee
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by donnielee »

the pioneer units are made for I-products specifically , if u buy a mounting kit everything will plug and play. ive used many different units, no cutting of wires necessary. get some component spk.