Newbie New Maxi PV

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ollie
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Newbie New Maxi PV

Post by Ollie »

Hi, I am from South Africa and new to the forum. I have been reading a lot of posts of modified Caddy's and are highly impressed with the quality of some of the builds. I have a white 2014 Caddy Maxi 2.0 Tdi and have done some mods, like Black Roof, a few Chrome accessories, like Grille Strips, Side Rails, Roof Rails, Prodiesel Chip and aftermarket Satnav.
I enjoy driving it and of all my cars, I tend to grab the Caddy every time I need to pop out to the shops.
Still have a lot planned for the van, like GTI steering, dropped suspension, Scirocco seats, etc.
I will still be leaning on you guys for some advice on some of my mods.
I tried to post a pics, so let's see if it works!
ImageImage

Lawrence
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: Newbie New Maxi PV

Post by torque777 »

Hi lawrence and welcome along to the forum
Ollie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ollie »

Thanks torque777, have just read through your post of the dropped suspension issues. I am looking at going for Eibach as i dont want to go the whole coilover route, just a mild drop. I am increasingly worried about the swaying/flexing of the rear mod after reading your comments on the extra length brackets. I found a GTI flat bottom Mfsw and would also like to get it all to work. I will start a new post to enquire about things like slipring and harness for this, before installing it
anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by anoneamus »

Nice Caddy! Was wondering what a "Prodiesel chip" does exactly, and where you got it in SA?
Ollie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ollie »

Thanks anoneamus, you can vistit their site on prodieselchip dot co dot za
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

I think you will find the rear will move with anything other than standard Suspension, but it's not dangerous and you can't feel it when driving only noticed it in mirror when going over bumps, in UK vw won't recommended the vw eibach kit for maxi and only recommended it for swb, for some strange reason
Pawelkrk24
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Pawelkrk24 »

Great example of a Caddy mate
the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

torque777 wrote:I think you will find the rear will move with anything other than standard Suspension, but it's not dangerous and you can't feel it when driving only noticed it in mirror when going over bumps, in UK vw won't recommended the vw eibach kit for maxi and only recommended it for swb, for some strange reason
the reason I believe is that the rear set up of the eibach is rated at 1200-1250kg (rating depends where you look - had two different ratings from the same place) where the rating of the caddy rear is 1300 kg
if you look at the maxi section and look at the silver maxi of gresley he has fitted eibach and finds that there are no issues with it
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
anoneamus
Hyper Poster

Post by anoneamus »

Ollie wrote:Thanks anoneamus, you can vistit their site on prodieselchip dot co dot za
Thanks, looks like I'm better off picking it up in the UK while I'm here. So, it makes a noticeable difference, is easy to fit/remove and totally worth it? :)
Ollie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ollie »

Yeah, you can speak to Andrew at Prodieselchip. We use them on all our diesel cars. Very easy to fit and worth it.
Bigharty
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Bigharty »

Welcome to the caddy family buddy. Nice van
BIGHARTYBIGHARTY
Ollie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ollie »

Thanks for the nice comments guys!
Appreciate the comments on the suspension mod. I believe i will then go for the Eibach, as i don't carry heavy loads with my van. It will be used mostly for the delivery of the Auto Accessories we supply and it should never exceed about 120kg's at a time. I intend having it wrapped like the racing vans with a chequerred flag
the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

There is a group buy of the eibach set up in the for sale section
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
Ollie
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ollie »

I saw that, thanks, but I am in south Africa, so shipping would kill the deal :(
anoneamus
Hyper Poster

Post by anoneamus »

Ollie wrote:Yeah, you can speak to Andrew at Prodieselchip. We use them on all our diesel cars. Very easy to fit and worth it.
So, I got one in the UK. Back in SA now, fitted it yesterday. Not sure I can tell the difference though...

Out of interest, what setting do you have it on? It came shipped on '3', but by now I'm up to '7' or '8' and not convinced it's doing anything (it's correctly fitted and all lights on unit flash the way they're supposed to, so it is active)...