2011 Caddy electric windows conversion HELP

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Pawelkrk24
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

2011 Caddy electric windows conversion HELP

Post by Pawelkrk24 »

Hi ppl

Does anyone managed to comple conversion on a facelift model yet? Did you have to alter some of the door wiring at all? I got all the bits installed yesterday (they all came from 2012 caddy) and now central locking doesn't work, dash display a door open light even when doors closed and that small door light is constantly on.
Please help anyone. I can't lock van properly now.

Many thanks
Pawel
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: 2011 Caddy electric windows conversion HELP

Post by Doc »

When you say "all the bits", what exactly did you install?
Window regulator panel (metal panel with motor and loom attached)?
Door cards with window switches?
Extra power supply wire from fuse box?

Sounds like the plug onto the door lock has something a miss.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Pawelkrk24
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Pawelkrk24 »

Got motors (fit as straight replacement to metal panels)
Got door cards and switches
Got electric mirrors
Got wiring loom for passenger door
Didn't get the main loom for drivers door, only the loom from regulator to switch etc (one with pink clip)
Got ignition from fuse (by the way do you know which fuse is for electric windows?)
Only drivers side window is working (I still need to run a ignition wire to passenger door I think?) and the same story with mirror

Sorry if I messed description but I ain't technician, I'm just a gas man :D
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Sounds like the central locking wiring has been messed up somewhere along the line.
How did you take the new supply into the drivers door? Did you have the door to pillar loom disconnected? Maybe its not back in position fully.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Pawelkrk24
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Pawelkrk24 »

I think that problem is with door loom-vw sells two types of door looms, one for vehicles with electric windows and one for without. I managed to order right loom from TPS and will have that tomorrow. Will post the outcome when done.
My question is- to which fuse I should connect the power wire? Is there any particular one?
By the way, facelift Caddy models have different door pillar connectors to pre facelift models-though someone may find this info handy.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Irrespective of whether the loom is for electric windows or not, your problem is with the locking is it not?
If you add electric windows, you add an additional supply from the fuse box permanent 12v (Terminal 30) rail.
I'm not sure of the exact fuse position number but anywhere on that rail should suffice.

Pawelkrk24
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Pawelkrk24 »

Got all out again. Which pin on the control module is a perm live?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Think its pin 1.
There's only 2 slots for big "power" pins and the rest are small "signal" wires.

Pawelkrk24
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Pawelkrk24 »

On a control module I have it pin no 19 and 20. Thick wire is in on of slots, I connected other free slot to perm live fuse you said and it's not working-same outcome as with my first attempt. After disconecting perm live only back and sliding door locks.
Funny thing is when got live connected and trying to lock door from remote, it doesn't do nothing but when opening, it opens and closes back again. But again only back and sliding door.
I guess that I need that other harness.
Pawelkrk24
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Pawelkrk24 »

Well, I got driver's door harness but still no luck. Central locking doesn't work for every door. Only when pressing opening door button on remote I can hear locks working but only to side and boot door. Windows and electric mirrors work fine both sides. I checked wiring inside door coupling and pins don't seem to match on female and male connectors.
Will have a big puzzles to solve on this one.
Does anyone managed conversion to electric windows yet on facelift Caddy?

Thanks everyone!
Crazydude1987
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Crazydude1987 »

Hi folks, did we get any further with this problem?

I’m having the same one. Bought the caddy a few months back and the windows didn’t work, on investigation it appears an attempt has been made at an upgrade with electric windows and touran door cards.

After many attempts and parts I’m now at a stage where all the windows work but now the locking does not work.

Would I be right in saying that because the looks are from a touran that it thinks a door that doesn’t exist is open therefore it won’t lock?

I’ve literally no hair left!!

I do love my wee caddy though
Cheers

Andy
Adamtrotter
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Adamtrotter »

Did you end up getting around this. I have same problem.
Brighton27
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Brighton27 »

Adamtrotter wrote:Did you end up getting around this. I have same problem.
What age is your caddy? What colour are the wires in the door looms? What is your exact issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers, Rob

2012 1.6 maxi
Resto1975
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Resto1975 »

Have exactly the same issue, vcds is faulting the key position sensor now I am running the Touran electric motor. Maybe the plug is pinned differently will have a look on elsawin tomorrow.
Can anyone shed any light on this issue ?
Resto1975
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Resto1975 »

Sorted, had to splice the 2 looms together just inside the door. Touran and Caddy modules are pinned differently at the motor, simple in the first bit of loom only CAN hi and Lo, speaker, the main B+ earth and 1 other wire to join.
Basically the Touran door loom connect to the Caddy loom just before it exits the door