Dash removal help?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Freeman506
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Dash removal help?

Post by Freeman506 »

Looking to get the dash done in flock. How hard is it to remove the dash and what can i expect to come up against? Thanks
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Dash removal help?

Post by Doc »

How competent are you with this type of thing? Have you disassembled anything similar before?
The radio, instrument cluster, heating controls, "A" pillar covers and gear surround need to come off along with the lower sections of the main dash. Then it should break free.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Freeman506
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Freeman506 »

Coming from working on trailers, not really much aha
Should be a day job getting it out then i presume?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

3 hours and the very very most or you need to hang up your tool belt and put the toolbox on eBay.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort