Mk7 GTI front bumper in progress but help needed with the

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Whizz73
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Mk7 GTI front bumper in progress but help needed with the

Post by Whizz73 »

Hi,

I've finally started to craft the Mk7 GTI front bumper onto my Caddy but have come across a small problem!

With the bumper on the van I can't fit the original screen wash bottle.... anyone out there found a good solution?

I phoned RAD but I was told they haven't yet so anyone?

Many thanks

Steve

I'll post some pics soon
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Mk7 GTI front bumper in progress but help needed with th

Post by Doc »

How much do they interfere with each other?
Could you cut some out of the bottle and fibreglass it up?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Is it because of the side intake/fog sections? Could you relocate the bottle somewhere? Or fit a smaller one (there are 2 standard caddy ones and one has smaller capacity).
Whizz73
Caddy Fan

Post by Whizz73 »

Yes the bracket and led on the offside is very deep and hits on the bottle!

As your aware the bottles aren't massive (I have the smaller bottle) and it still hits :roll: I was thinking of looking at another bottle that lays vertical with the car rather than horizontal but the neck coming out the same direction so it still looked OEM?

Relocating is something I didn't really want to do tbh
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster

Post by tommyzooom »

mk6 bumper is mega tight for room as well, though I suspect I have the larger bottle for headlight washers.
I spaced out the front two bolts on the bottle, to tilt it backwards, tight up against the arch liner, and moved the wiring to the side. It just clears.
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Will the small bottle turn around in the space it is in?
I know it has the recess for the Webasto at the back but maybe you can turn it so that is at the front?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

It might be a case of looking on eBay/breakers at some of the other VAG bottles to see if one is a better shape but I suspect they're all going to be similar. Could the one you have be laid flat? Then it's a simple job [] of making up a bend for the filler neck. I don't know what the plastic is but I reckon it could be plastic welded.

I remember this issue on things like the mkiv r32 when the owners go turbo or supercharged and they're trying to fit intercoolers etc. Their solution was to relocate the bottle higher up or on the side where the air box sits. It can still be made to look and work oem.
christhreadgill
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by christhreadgill »

I had a washer bottle problem on my old MX-5. They were huge and unsightly in the bay. What I ended up doing was taking the pump/motor out of the standard bottle. I then got a 750ml detailing bottle, and cut a hole out of the screw top the right size for the motor. Hot glued the motor in place, and then filled the bottle via the lid by unscrewing the motor. Relocated it to the scuttle just under the plastic panels out of the way and extended all the electrics.

Could be worth looking at using a completely different bottle, and relocating it somewhere out of the way completely. Still needs to be accessible for top ups though!

Apologies for filthy bay in this shot!

Hope this helps
ed1119
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Mk7 GTI front bumper in progress but help needed with the

Post by ed1119 »

Sorry to revive an old thread - but has anyone found a neat solution for the waterbottle behind the Mk7 GTI foglight carrier?