Best place to buy a Caddy?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
gti_james
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Best place to buy a Caddy?

Post by gti_james »

Morning All,

I am in the market for a Caddy, desperately in fact! Where is the best place to find them? Autotrader is great for standard Caddys but I would like one already lowered and colour coded.... preferably enthusiast owned so I know it is a good one... any suggestions greatly welcomed. Thanks.
wezra
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: Best place to buy a Caddy?

Post by wezra »

I went the other route with mine (just picked up yesterday :) )

I bought direct from a VW Dealer, I wanted a blank canvas so to speak but with generally the right mfr bits already in place. I also wanted a DSG which took me ages to find one.

You do pay extra from the dealer, but I got a very good deal with a decent warranty still on it, plus the first two services for £49.00. They are doing a HP offer at the moment with a very low % which also came out cheaper than all the non VW dealer ones I looked at, even tho it was a little more money in terms of purchase price.

I didn't see many pre-modded ones to be honest, especially within range of me, probably 2-3 maybe.

Good luck in your search! My only advice, set out your wants and then from that list, mark which ones you could do without in order of preference and it wont take long to find one that ticks nearly all the boxes!
BenF04
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by BenF04 »

I ultimately found mine through van trader, it took me a while to find the right one but I got it eventually. Modded ones pop up on eBay, Pistonheads etc from time to time. Basically take your time and find the best van for you.
Red Firecracker
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by Red Firecracker »

Did the same as wezra, but I was being picky with colour (Viper Green). Signed on the line last night.
IN8
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by IN8 »

gti_james
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by gti_james »

Thanks for your suggestions and help guys. Found a 1.9tdi at a great price today and went and bought it. Hope I have done the right thing! I have been looking for a couple of weeks. Found a nice modded one but the sale fell through unfortunately....

Posted the below thread to introduce myself and my caddy (collect it Friday)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23143