A little help with compatibility?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
bluumax
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

A little help with compatibility?

Post by bluumax »

Hi guys, Im coming to the end of uni so wanted to put some work in on the caddy ready for summer but im having a few problems knowing exactly what will and wont fit so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2010 1.9tdi model, pre-facelift. The only work done so far is a remap from the guys down at AMD.

First off im looking at the Jetex and Milltek catback exhaust systems, has anybody had any experience of either? and does anybody know if they come ready to just bolt straight on with no modification? or are there any other brands available?

Im also looking to swap the seats and have noticed that some people have used Seat leon mk1 seats, how easy is this switch? and what sort of modification if any is required?

Really appreciate any help,

Max
Chrisg1980
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: A little help with compatibility?

Post by Chrisg1980 »

Max,

I'm running the same van, though a little older.

As far as I know the Jetex system only fits vans with a DPF so check yours has one if you decide to take the plunge as mine doesn't have one.

The Mk 1 Capra seats are a simple fit, the rear bolt holes line up with the rear holes on the caddy seat base but you'll need to drill new holes on the front of the base to line the Cupra's front holes up to.

If you swap the caddy base to the touran base then they'll bolt straight onto these. I myself am running Mk5 GTi seats in caddy bases and once drilled in, they're ace.

Hope this helps mate
2007 1.9tdi, Mk5 GTi front seats, Touran front end, Removed Bulkhead, Sound deadened, insulated, Carpet lined, VMaxx coilovers, colour coded rear bumper, Touran front carpets, 3SDM 0.04's, Alpine 136BT, Touran centre console w/armrest, MK6 GTD flat bottom steering wheel, Reflex Caddy Siderail cover, German Driverside(UK Passenger side) wingmirror...

Still to come - Focal speakers
bluumax
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: A little help with compatibility?

Post by bluumax »

Thanks Chris, appreciate the help, I'll look into the exhaust a little more but the info on the seats is just what I needed.
Thanks