Front tyre wear

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Amelia
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Front tyre wear

Post by Amelia »

16 thousands miles on front tyres 18inch maybe could have got too 20thousand if they hadn't scrubbed the inside edge out badly the make was cooper on a a remaped 2.0l is this good or not .? Never carry anything in the van
Ryan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: Front tyre wear

Post by Ryan »

That's very good going, I drive mainly around town and some motorway and only get 10k out a set, van has some weight as well
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Has your van been lowered?
I get 25k minimum at standard height on 18's but that is down to scrubbing as they generally have 3-4mm of thread left on across most of the thread.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Sturu
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sturu »

Wow! I have work to do. I would get around 10K in a van that's factory spec, but years past its prime and heavily laden. Lots of driving on A roads & small country lanes. Work always chooses cheap tyres too...
Ryan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by Ryan »

Wish I could get 25k and this time around I have changed to bridge stones from budgets to help that
Lowtidecopey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lowtidecopey »

Amelia wen u get ur new tyres just ask the garage to check the tracking at the same time if there both wearing on the same edges e.g inner the van is probably towing out to much on the front toe! It may need adjusting if its killing tyres then that may need adjusting!! Some vehicles specs even when set to manufacturers spec sometimes kill tyres i tend to adjust maybe abit outside to compensate for tyre wear! Hope this helps always hurts to replace tyres when theres loadz of tread left accross the tyre but an edge has worn right off!
mkvanman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by mkvanman »

I get 25/30k I can get a bit more if work allows me to rotate.And thats stop start courier work
Amelia
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Amelia »

Hi all yes the van is lowered on vamp but it's on the highest setting for where I live and yes had the digital tracking done and yes it was out a little on the toe but there system only allows them to adjust it to what the computer says so I think the same will happen again :(
Amelia
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Amelia »

Sorry I ment v max :D
Lowtidecopey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lowtidecopey »

Ahh they r going by the manufacturers specs which for a normal van would be fine but when you lower it it will change what the adjustment should be i would adjust it accordingly to prevent tyre wear so i would go further with the toe adjustment than what the manufacturer reccommends!
Amelia
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Amelia »

ImageImage
Amelia
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Amelia »

This was the print out they gave me
Strath25
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Strath25 »

I'd have wanted slightly more toe in to compensate for the negative camber due to lowering
Lowtidecopey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lowtidecopey »

i would personally want more positive toe rather than negative to compensate for the lowered adjustment!!! soon as the vehicle has been lowered the manufactured specs go out of the window!!I personally would definately toe it in more!! and give that a try after say a few thousand miles chek the tyres again for wear and see what it is looking like!!! it has worked onthe vehicles i have adjusted before!!
dubvan
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by dubvan »

Had same problem on my first set of tyres lowered 50mm. Watching this second set very closely having had tracking done again. Fingers crossed!

Jonesy :mrgreen: