Thinking of selling something, Read here first!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
turbodcaddy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Thinking of selling something, Read here first!

Post by turbodcaddy »

Done that doc
Caddy turbo for sale!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
turbodcaddy
100BHP+

Post by turbodcaddy »

Why cant I do anything on here
cadmad
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by cadmad »

What do u mean turbo?
turbodcaddy
100BHP+

Post by turbodcaddy »

Its ok its just me
turbodcaddy
100BHP+

Post by turbodcaddy »

Lol[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]
pH7caddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by pH7caddy »

Hi, just read this and the topic to read for new members. Just joined this week. Accidentally posted a hint for a sale before seeing this post, whoops. Had to scroll down through and clearly didn't see this topic first. What's the reason for this forum being so strict? Spam?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Hi, welcome to the forum.
The reason the forum is so strict is that it is not a commercial entity, you might notice there are no sponsors on here, no adverts on every page, etc..
The forum is run out of one man's pocket on a budget, the regulations keep for a clean and easy forum which doesn't pretty much self regulates in terms of idiot posters and abuse. The policy to only allow access after a certain lever of contribution has since been adopted by many other forums for just this reason. Once you've made 5 posts you should feel like you are part of the forum, that you've contributed somewhat, and as such it is less likely that you'd risk that by stirring shit.
It works, look at the date on the new members topic first post ( http://www.caddy2k.com/newmember" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ), it's been like this a long long time. I honestly done remember when I've had to last step in to resolve any conflict, spam is at an all time minimum and the new members sign ups figures are growing exponentially.
Enjoy the forum, contribute, take part and the whole family will develop. Once you've made the 5+ group and had full access, be happy in the knowledge that there are many many others who can't be bothered and would prefer to go somewhere where adds are stuffed down your throat, abusive posts are commonplace and knowledge is poor.
There is a mass of useful information on here, take your time to search, read, follow links. Don't be afraid to comment on old posts, it may bring the post back into circulation where further useful info can be added or just so someone else might find the info and make use of it. If theres something you cannot find, ask. If someone can answer and advise they will, don't be offended if you get an answer with a link to another thread, that just saves someone writing the same thing again with information on a particular topic scattered all over the place and maybe the most valuable contribution lost in some off topic post somewhere.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
pH7caddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by pH7caddy »

Ok mate, cheers for that. It's the first forum I've been on so I'll have a look around and try and get the hang of it etc. So I'm ok to post comments on topics and start fresh topics yes? Just no sale posts? I'll slap all my parts that I'm selling on eBay etc. instead, that way you won't have to worry about me doing that again on here.
GermanWheels
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by GermanWheels »

Hi Doc,

Is there a wheel supplier linked to the forum? i am on the FB page and have seen various caddy owners buying Bola/Stuttgart/Riviera wheels from different places.

I sell wheels and haven't sold any on the site but was wondering of there was a way of advertising the sale of brand new wheels to caddy owners from a caddy owner?

i would sort free postage and free fitting kit for all sets purchased, just think it may be nice to have one go to place for these wheels as they do prove popular and with my knowledge i could help with fitment etc.

Thanks Daryl
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Hi buddy.
I don't believe we do have any wheel suppliers in the forum.
I guess you could start out by putting some product in the For Sale section and take it from there.
Some years ago, we had Alloyboy on the forum, he tried several sets of wheels on his van and posted lots of photos. Check out the "Alloy wheel thread".
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Goldmember
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Goldmember »

Hi there Doc,
I apologise for being so thick but how do I post pictures now? I used to use Photobucket and could click on the link with the correct prefixes etc and it would work but really struggling ..tried Flikr and failed!
I have some Caddy seats that I am giving away for free..need them gone as my business is moving premises and I cant store them.
Regards,
Steve
peely
Hyper Poster

Post by peely »

ok where is the for sale section or am I not allowed on there yet ;)
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Have you had an access level upgrade since you joined the forum? Look for the new members topic which is a sticky/announcement on each section of the forum.

Dandandan
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Dandandan »

These rules all seem pretty legit. Not sure if i'll ever need to sell anything but cheers for stopping this becoming caddy eBay!
threepeaks
Caddy Fan

Post by threepeaks »

Hi Doc, I was previously on the T5 forum when we had our camper. New to this so apologies if I have inadvertently posted wrongly. I understand about the annoying pop ups and adverts etc. My question is that I have something for sale that a new guy is interested in. Do I wait for his post count to be fulfilled or is it ok to post a link to my email? Also I am a Graphic designer/vinyl supplier, so I will be posting pics of my mods on our van, is it ok when mentioning this to post a link to my website or is this not allowed, Many Thanks
"of all the things Iv'e lost, I miss my mind the most"