Caddy not moving

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Dec_Caddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Caddy not moving

Post by Dec_Caddy »

Hi guys,
This is my first post since introducing myself and unfortunately its not a good topic.
This morning my Caddy gave a little trouble. Was just taking off in 1st gear and it felt like i was in neutral. The gear stick seems to go into every gear ok but there is no movement from any gear. A growling noise occurs when i try to move it.
The previous owner changed the flywheel to smf but i never have been taking off too fast (concise of the smf apparantly being too severe for drives etc).
Has anyone else had this trouble? Ive towed the Caddy to my mechanic but haven't heard from him yet. The wait is killing me ImageImageImage

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Liam
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Caddy not moving

Post by Liam »

Hard to hazard a guess without knowing exactly what the circumstances were or how it drove just before you parked it up but its odd that you say its going into each gear and not moving - to me it sounds like the clutch is slipping or not disengaging does the pedal come back out after you push it in ? I cant imagine its a snapped drive or anything too severe but id hazard a guess at it being a fucked clutch plate possibly the fricking surface has come off the plate or its just not disengaging properly
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
Dec_Caddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: Caddy not moving

Post by Dec_Caddy »

Ya sorry i was very vague there. The van has been running very well up to now. Completely out of the blue!! No strange noises beforehand or anything. And the clutch pedal feels the very same as always! I'll be hearing from my mechanic tomorrow. Hoping he wont have bad news anyway for me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk