Caddy mega upgrade opportunity or too much work??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
qert6
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Caddy mega upgrade opportunity or too much work??

Post by qert6 »

So my Caddy Maxi 105bhp has just overtaken in mileage my wifes Altea with a BKD. The altea is 12 years old and we're changing it iminently but as its only worth about £1k its givng me bad ideas about stripping it and putting lots of its goodies into the caddy... Things I want and bits additional bits I think I need are below. Does anyone else have any ideas what coomplications there could be with this conversion. Both are on 135k mileage currently..

what I would ideally like to swap over:
Engine
6spd box
ESP and ABS module
ECM
----thinking about taking all wiring and control systems across too to save rejigging harnesses. the caddy will think its an altea, not sure how to deal with the imobilizer/door lock barrels. ither keep the caddy key and reset the altea imobiliser or change caddy door barrels to work with the altea keys...
dual zone climate control.- currently the caddy has no aircon.
---- does the touran have a dual zone option for the control pannel or would I be better off swapping the heat exchanger hardware to be standard aircon?
cruise control
mutifunction steering wheel
electric windows ---- think this would be a motor swap onto the caddy manual inner door cards??
elecric steeering rack ---- do the caddy hubs for 50mm struts have the same rack plus track rod length or do the hubs need chaning too?

What I think I need to buy

just because its easy do to in the process:
timing belt kit, DMF, clutch, bushes, boots, balljoints etc

bits actually needed to do the above:
caddy electric window door cards
new boost hoses (might aswel remap the BKD too)
full VAGcom
touran dual zone climate/standard aircon dash panel
maybe new front struts and springs if the altea hubs are required (the altea shocks are 55mm and are knackered)
White Maxi TDI 104
Rear seats and many ideas brewing
shanky887614
Hyper Poster

Re: RE: Caddy mega upgrade opportunity or too much work??

Post by shanky887614 »

qert6 wrote:So my Caddy Maxi 105bhp has just overtaken in mileage my wifes Altea with a BKD. The altea is 12 years old and we're changing it iminently but as its only worth about £1k its givng me bad ideas about stripping it and putting lots of its goodies into the caddy... Things I want and bits additional bits I think I need are below. Does anyone else have any ideas what coomplications there could be with this conversion. Both are on 135k mileage currently..

what I would ideally like to swap over:
Engine
6spd box
ESP and ABS module
ECM
----thinking about taking all wiring and control systems across too to save rejigging harnesses. the caddy will think its an altea, not sure how to deal with the imobilizer/door lock barrels. ither keep the caddy key and reset the altea imobiliser or change caddy door barrels to work with the altea keys...
dual zone climate control.- currently the caddy has no aircon.
---- does the touran have a dual zone option for the control pannel or would I be better off swapping the heat exchanger hardware to be standard aircon?
cruise control
mutifunction steering wheel
electric windows ---- think this would be a motor swap onto the caddy manual inner door cards??
elecric steeering rack ---- do the caddy hubs for 50mm struts have the same rack plus track rod length or do the hubs need chaning too?

What I think I need to buy

just because its easy do to in the process:
timing belt kit, DMF, clutch, bushes, boots, balljoints etc

bits actually needed to do the above:
caddy electric window door cards
new boost hoses (might aswel remap the BKD too)
full VAGcom
touran dual zone climate/standard aircon dash panel
maybe new front struts and springs if the altea hubs are required (the altea shocks are 55mm and are knackered)

it will be easier to keep your caddy clocks and only change the bits in the engine bay.

otherwise its dash, carpets all out and a lot of work