How to space out slide door

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Savgav
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

How to space out slide door

Post by Savgav »

Hi guys just quick question if anyone can help. I've purchased caddy cross arch trims and test fit them on rear to find my slide door inner trim touches the trim. I also measured the cap between the door itself and the rear quarter when opened and Compared to another caddy to find myn is 5mm closer... Can the door be adjusted out?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Re: How to space out slide door

Post by Maxi4life »

Some people have packed out the rail to stop wheels rubbing. I was bracing myself for this but luckily didn't need to.
Savgav
100BHP+

Post by Savgav »

Is there no way to adjust. Entry slider to get door out 5mm, just don't get why my door is closer than another caddys

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

If your door is closer that another caddy you've seen then something is wrong. The door shuts to a definite position with only very slight adjustment, if it was to open and clear the wheel arch more it will not sit properly when shut. Did the other caddy you measured have exactly the same door trim inside the door?
Spacing the rail does not upset the closed position so therefore you can make the rail stand off quite a bit without messing up the look of the van when the door is closed.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Savgav
100BHP+

Post by Savgav »

The other caddy had a ply sheet screwed to original ply (for some strange reason) and myn is the original ply carpeted. Ok by spacing the rail would it make the rail Cover protrude the body

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Something is very wrong in that case. Your saying between the door and the arch your van has 5mm less clearance than another van with an extra layer of ply attached.
I've looked before but maybe I'll double check it, I'm fairly certain the runner on the back of the door doesn't have that much adjustment.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Savgav
100BHP+

Post by Savgav »

Ok thanks doc am bit mythed myself with this I'll have to start measuring and comparing everything on slide door from myn to another or maybe swap sliders to c if there an issue there as the sliders came from ebay so maybe slight difference in build