Caddy rear bumper wanted

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
HiGeof
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Caddy rear bumper wanted

Post by HiGeof »

Hi all I got my caddy today.

The rear bumper has a few scuffs so I would like to replace it.

Does anyone know where to get a smooth, rather than the stocK textured one, so I can get it colour coded to the van?

If so how much are they please?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy rear bumper wanted

Post by Doc »

Why not smooth out the bumper you have and get it painted. Not all that hard to do, plastic primer first and then hi-build primer and sand it back for spraying.
Why paint a good bumper when you have one that needs to be fixed up anyway.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
HiGeof
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by HiGeof »

Doc wrote:Why not smooth out the bumper you have and get it painted. Not all that hard to do, plastic primer first and then hi-build primer and sand it back for spraying.
Why paint a good bumper when you have one that needs to be fixed up anyway.
Quite simply I assumed a new smooth bumper wopuld come already primered and ready for paint. I simply give it to my body shop man - he paints it and fits it. As oppose to him spending a couple of hours preping the old bumper...time cost money mate ;-) ;-)

Would a Touran bumper fit straight on?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I dont know if a smooth version of the bumper is available but I would have thought the cost of a new one would by far out weigh the price of a smoothing out the old one. Shouldnt take a prom much more than 2-3 hours and about £30 a hour and I cant see you getting a new bumper for less than £100.

The touran rear is totally different, bumper comes right the way up to the lights on them.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
wonderdetail
200BHP+

Post by wonderdetail »

For smoothing, high build primer and painting I had a price of £150-£170 per bumper.
Project Caddy
My Blog: http://iphonejailbreaknews.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

wonderdetail wrote:For smoothing, high build primer and painting I had a price of £150-£170 per bumper.
That sounds like a bargain!
You gonna get it done?

wonderdetail
200BHP+

Post by wonderdetail »

Most definitely! I spent £570 today on a new sound system for it, with reversing camera, and I am having the back bespoke built, fabricated, and installed. Built in slide out shelving, ostrich skin lining to name a few, and some very special lighting and display stuff. It's going to be the only van in the world like it. I'm not even going to say how much that is going to cost! So the bumpers will maybe have to wait til after xmas!
Project Caddy
My Blog: http://iphonejailbreaknews.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Jeez, sounds epic.
Can't wait to see that. :D

wonderdetail
200BHP+

Post by wonderdetail »

Put it this way - the place that is doing it needs it for a week! I do keep reminding myself it's a work van, but presentation is everything in this game. Call it an expensive suit if you will!
Project Caddy