Cheeky upgrade...

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Gaunt
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Cheeky upgrade...

Post by Gaunt »

So I have just purchased a 2016 caddy maxi high line 2.0tdi with 20k on the clock and picking it up next weekend, due to extra travelling around the country for work. Now need to say bye to my 2007 1.9tdi.

I am on the lookout for a few bits, I know I can get a lot off of ebay etc but want know if there are any recommended Vw dealers that are on the forum that can order parts?

It’s been a while since I’ve been on here, but I’m going to be scrolling through post looking at what bits I can do.

If anyone has any suggestions fire away. It’s completely standard and at 102ps but looking to remap once out of warranty in 18months. Love the new look and can’t wait to get in it!
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Cheeky upgrade...

Post by Celticrsmith »

Anything interesting coming off the old van?
Gaunt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gaunt »

Yeah the lacquer on the boonet...

To be fair it’s pretty standard only little thing that could come out is the covers that go on the mesh bulkheads I purchased off of someone on here.
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Caddy maxi 102ps is surely a 1.6tdi?
Mickr59
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mickr59 »

Hi
Would be interested in the mesh covers if you are taking them out!

Cheers
Gaunt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gaunt »

Maxi4life wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:47 am Caddy maxi 102ps is surely a 1.6tdi?
No they do a 2.0tdi one at 102ps 5 speed l and the other at 150ps with 6 speed.

I originally wanted the 150ps there was only one in the country with the spec I wanted and that sold before I got a chance to view it.

Mine is coming from main dealer and they said the difference the two is tuning/remap which I can’t do until my warranty runs out. And will be getting done when it does.
Gaunt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gaunt »

Mickr59 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:59 am Hi
Would be interested in the mesh covers if you are taking them out!

Cheers
Shouldn’t be a problem dude.
J_Con
Twin Turbo poster

Post by J_Con »

Would take these if the other person pulls out
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Just a reminder, any buying of selling should be done in the appropriate area of the forum.
This is not the appropriate area.

I appreciate this topic was not started to sell the bulkhead covers so this message is more intended for those offering to buy rather than the guy who started the topic.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Gaunt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Gaunt »

So I made my way to London yesterday to collect my Caddy and I absolutely love it! Drives lovely and pretty impressed with the discover navigation head unit and all its features and the climatronic dash set up is very smart.

However, one little thing that I cannot wrap my head around is that it seems my front fogs don’t have a switch, I believe it should be the first click when you pull the light switch out but it goes straight to the rear fog... I’ve looked everywhere for an additional switch and tried different ways of pulling it out and turning.

So I have this orange circular switch below my light switch which lights up when you use it but has no function. I’ve tried to ask VW what it was for and they didn’t know, son presuming the may of had something it the back or a temporary light on top of the vehicle like for highways. Which obviously has been removed. I’ve looked everywhere and it doesn’t do anything.

So maybe they’ve take the loom for front fogs and used it for that switch? Even so I still don’t have the two clicks when pulling out my headlight switch.

Anyone have any ideas?