My Blackberry Caddy

Show off your caddy
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

My Blackberry Caddy

Post by Caddyluv »

Only messing we will always know though won’t we. . There goes the caddy with upside down speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My Blackberry Caddy

Post by Barbel330 »

What a difference the Touran carpet and a few bits of sound deadening on the floor have made in the cab. So much quieter and feels much more refined to drive with the reduced road and engine noise. It actually feels like driving a car now :D That along with the arm rest I fitted have made sitting in traffic for and hour to get the 5 miles to work a far more relaxing experience :D

I mainly just wanted to post so we could briefly have 3 blackberry vans at the top of the page. 8)
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Hope you going to help with mine.

the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

Was the touran carpets new ? Cost ?
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

No, they were from a Touran which was being broken for parts but I made sure it was all in tip top condition. I bought the carpets, gear surround console and the dashboard along with all the other little bits needed to do the conversion for £230. Another £115 for the brand new Sirus's centre console and arm rest. Also had to buy the correct radio surround trim for the dash to suit my fan/air con/heated seats knobs. Got that from VW for £38.

I'm looking forward to doing the dash swap, possibly this weekend, but I'm also dreading it :D
the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

It may be worth a visit to the local TPS for me - not really any local decent breakers near me - think I’ve seen some part numbers in the how to section - already done the caddy life centre arm rest with all associated duct work - it made a great difference? As mine sounds like a van until it warms up then a lot quieter especially with the 6 speed box in
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

That price was posted by the way, from eBay. I just went to one of the many tourans advertised for breaking (no decent breakers near me either) and asked about the carpets, they said £80 posted, then I added the dashboard on which took it to £230 posted for everything. All in great condition and removed sympathetically rather than ripped out.

The carpets and sound deadening have made a huge difference. I'm going to sound deaden and insulate the cab roof, rear roof, paint the overhead storage tray, headlining, pillar trims etc to match my other dark grey trim. Should be nice and quiet when it's all done.
Sandyson
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sandyson »

Couldn’t tell you why but ripping the dash out fills me with dread. Me and plastic clips don’t have the greatest record. I think I need to follow suit with the carpeting and sound deadening the cab is the noisy. Good luck !

JD2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by JD2k »

Just bought one of the new Sirus's centre consoles off eBay, it looks good in the pictures :)
ImageImageImage
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

They’re brand new so really nice. Not a particularly enjoyable experience fitting the thing mind

Fitted my Golf GTi pedals today.

brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

You need to pull your finger out and get that dash done

Looks great with all the little touches you’ve done and I have to agree that it makes a difference having the touran carpet with all the insulation in.

JD2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by JD2k »

What are you planning to use to paint the overhead storage tray & pillar trims to match the dark grey trim? I see a few people have used Forever Black dye although I'm not sure how close it comes to the dark grey.
ImageImageImage
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

I'm using a Upol paint which is designed for repairing textured plastic bumpers. It comes in a number of different greys so I matched the colour swatches at my paint suppliers to a piece of my trim. Should be bang on.

I'll start on the dash when I know I won't need to use the van for a few days. Probably start it on a Friday so I have 3 full days to take my time and get it right. Hopefully it won't take that long but you know what it's like, you get it all stripped then find your missing a tiny but vital part or something. Was going to do it this weekend but the weather is going to be freezing cold so might wait. No real rush other than all my parts are taking over the spare bedroom :lol:
brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

Sounds like me with parts, I’ve got them stashed everywhere.

It took me a day to do mine, but as you said I had to do a trip to the breakers for things I assumed would fit

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

My Blackberry Caddy

Post by Barbel330 »

I'm wondering if the frame that holds the stereo and heater controls will fit from my caddy dash into the Touran dash? My Touran dash didn't come with it so I'm hoping so Image