My caddy build and face lift

Show off your caddy
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: My caddy build and face lift

Post by KenTDI140 »

What’s the difference on the r32 to the caddy are the tears vented as well or is it just larger diameter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

The R32 front brakes are vented naturally 345mm and the rears also are vented 310mm
I believe the caddy front is 288mm and the rears 256mm (could be wrong on exact size) but a bit of an increase for both front and rear - haven’t done the rears yet but one of the jobs to do this year (I know the rears do a small share of the braking) it will look better as well - bonus ! 👍🏻
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
RichardB
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by RichardB »

What a difference the new front end has made, looks great, well done.
the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

Ken
What injectors did you use ? Mine’s a 2010 maxi with bls engine and am looking to up the power to around 200bhp don’t want massive increases were it’s not driveable so far it’s up to 155ish although was too it’s 162 when mapped so I am planning the next increase with metal boost pipes,better turbo and a better inter cooler thanks
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

My caddy build and face lift

Post by KenTDI140 »

BE WARNED BLS have weak con rods. Even std power brakes them. If your going any higher you need the conversion to 150 crank and rods.
I’ve done a few now for customers
I’m using 150 arl injectors with dssr 50 novels which are ok for up to300 bhp

the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

What sort of cost are we looking at to do this ? Not interested in massive power increases as it has an effect elsewhere .
200bhp should be enough and will make the maxi rapid enough I think .
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

It’s an engine out job to do it and head off

the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

Yeah I guess that would have to happen - that would enable the block to be painted whilst out - probably look to do this after the summer trip to the lakes - will give sometime to pick the bits up - think it would be a good time to fit a/c with engine out
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Ac is a big job full dash and Hester system out.
I have a 150 crank in stock. Just need to find some rods.
I sent you a private message in Tapatalk with my phone number

the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

I looked at Tommyzooms thread on retrofitting A/C - have A/C on both works van and car which is a gods send in the summer (once in the lakes we had 27*c really bad day) I suppose once the engine is out the work in the bay is a lot easier just the interior to deal with then.
the long one
Hyper Poster

Post by the long one »

I have a 150 crank in stock. Just need to find some rods.
I sent you a private message in Tapatalk with my phone number

Not received any messages in taptalk yet
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

Yea I would say so

btaylor2k
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by btaylor2k »

KenTDI140 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:50 pm And the end result for today's work is this Image

What di you use to bond the two together?
I'm thinking stika flex would do it, but not sure if that would flex and crack?

Looks great mate 👍🏼 And top job on the build

Kerbside Kustoms
KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

I didn’t bond it the two halves were overlapped then riveted together in countersunk holes along both edges. Then plastic welded along both edges before filling and sculpting the lines

KenTDI140
Hyper Poster

Post by KenTDI140 »

I know i haven’t posted in a while but there really hasn’t been anything to report since fitting the multi link rear suspension which came from only charged dubs.
Any way since fitting it I have found that the rose joints which which are fitted to the anti roll bar drop links and the watts linkage are of such poor quality that after only a few weeks they started to knock and rattle over every little bump.
So I have now sorted the problem by adapting new front anti roll bar drop links.
I bought a left and right hand thread die then cut a pair of drop links. I then cut two with right hand threads and two with left hand threads.
For the watts linkage I welded two genuine
Vw drop link nuts as they are 18 mm to the pivot diamond then I cut the 12mm threaded sections off the 4 rose joints off and welded them on to more front anti roll. Bar drop link ball joints.
This has to be done very carefully by welding small welds and quickly cooling it all in water as the inside of the ball joints is a Nylon cup which can easily be melted.
Here are a couple of pics on the finished job.
And all knocks and rattles are now gone Image
ImageImage