GolfChicks Red Van

Show off your caddy
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

GolfChicks Red Van

Post by Golfchick »

Having owned a Mk2, Mk3 and Mk4 golf I'm finally once again a VW owner having picked up my red van a week ago (I've only left the VAG club once and owned a Ford Galaxy for a year yuuuuck).

I held out for a van that wasn't white or BG blue and I wasn't after a Maxi either as most of the time it's either just me and my bike or me and my dog so I didn't need the extra space.

Got lots of plans for it but mostly standard stuff, a single bed that slides out so I can sleep it for a maximum of two nights. Already picked up a 9mm Saris Traps bike mount and will pick up a 15mm adapter next so all my bikes can be mounted.

I've already stripped out a naff bluetooth kit and the bulkhead and trimmed the bulkhead down. I've also replaced the interior bulbs so have LEDs, have an even brighter Festoon on its way to light up the load area a bit more though.

Afield23
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: GolfChicks Red Van

Post by Afield23 »

Welcome fellow biker! Looks like a nice van there

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Paul9616
100BHP+

Post by Paul9616 »

Well you don't see many of them in that colour?
Black 2011 C20 1.6 tdi 100 bhp / remapped to 140ps, 18" 3sdm 0.01 alloys, Coilovers, Lower GTI splitter, Touran 5 seat conversion, Mk6 golf GTI red stitch flat bottom steering wheel, Touran centre console and armrest, TRC splitter Mk6 GTI.
geo.stronach
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by geo.stronach »

Welcome. Like the colour

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

Cut down the usual rubber matting choice this morning, leave it unstuck for now as I have plans to make a hatch/hinge on the right side where it covers over the unused side step so I can store the spare wheel tools and warning triangle.

Some recommendations of glue to use would be good to stick it down.

Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Just contact adhesive you can get for screwfix. Apparently you can stick a elephant to a tree, but whilst your there maybe you should sound deaden the floor under the ply to help with noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

Yeah I'm definitely going to sound deaden under the flooring, its easy to pull up so won't be a problem to stick down the rubber to then pull it up and sound deaden.
L22JCJ
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by L22JCJ »

Looks smart in red against the black :)
Cheney663
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cheney663 »

Nice van, even nicer bike!

Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

Taken off the gopping purple raceface grips tonight, bought em just to give em a whirl but because they're the thick version they were giving me awful hand ache. Picked a pair of soft narrow DMR Deathgrips to try out!
Cheney663
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Cheney663 »

I’ve been using Ergon Enduro grips, I suffer with arm pump and these grips have all but got rid of it.
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

Had half nelsons on before and was totally fine but felt like giving the purple grips a go when the half nelsons were wearing out.
ElliotH
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ElliotH »

Welcome. Great colour. What do the bike mounts fix to?
Did you buy the van from RRK?

Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

The bike mounts are going to bolt to the wood flooring that’s down and Which itself is bolted down to the two centre lashing points. I wanted to fasten them today but the weather has scuppered any outdoor work :evil:

Yes I did buy it from RRK.
Golfchick
Caddy Fan

Post by Golfchick »

So over the Easter weekend my best mate is going to help me build my box/bed as he works for magnet and is a whizz with wood. Came up with the following design which will sit over the drivers side wheel arch and extend upwards. I'm going to buy some foam and make two pieces which will be my mattress with a sleeping bag stored inside the box when not in use. The back section will have the VW stencilled in the carpet and will also open upwards like a small flap which will allow access into the box when standing at the back of the van. The hope or plan at least is that the washer/pump will be then under this access flap for ease of washing the bikes. I'll also have a panel on the box somewhere with charging ports etc as I have an auxiliary battery. My other plan is that height wise it will only just be above the wheel arch so that I can use the box like a seat.

ImageVan box design by Alison Clarke, on Flickr