Adrian’s Silver Caddy - interior revamp

Show off your caddy
Caddy63-Adrian
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Adrian’s Silver Caddy - interior revamp

Post by Caddy63-Adrian »

[*]Thought i would set up a build thread to keep track of any mods on my caddy that il be picking up on saturday. Having spent a huge amount of time on ukmkivs and golfgtiforums which helped so much in building my mk4 golf 8 years ago i felt here will do the same!

Its been a while since i owned the golf now some 4 years or so, actually any car or van for that matter ive been using a company works van all the time but after becoming self employed a van of my own is a must and what better choice than a caddy! Things have changed massively since back then disposable income is no longer a thing having a wife and 2 kids so it wont be the quickest progress in the world but still. Heres some pictures from the dealer and a link to my old golf build if anyone fancies a read.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=215601.0

Last edited by Caddy63-Adrian on Sat May 11, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Caddy63-Adrian
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Adrian’s Silver Caddy Work Van

Post by Caddy63-Adrian »

So decided to pick this up earlier than expected, absolutely love it! Amazing little van. Now whoever done the ply/carpet in the rear has done a good job but the sliding doors carpet just brushes the side of the van when opening is there anyway to adjust the door a couple of mm so it clears it? The carpet is mega thick and looks really hard wearing so I don’t really want to strip it off if it can be helped.

Thanks in advance
Caddy63-Adrian
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Adrian’s Silver Caddy Work Van - False floor and ladder rack

Post by Caddy63-Adrian »

Today will be my 1st day using the van at work after spending most of the weekend getting it ready, fitting a ladder rack, building a false floor for the rear and adding some of The Ranges finest carpet tiles.... which they kindly ran out of so not 100% finished 🤦🏼‍♂️

Added some carpet to the end of the frame to stop any potential rubbing/rattling.

Liam
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Liam »

tidy bit of work that i had my first caddy done similarly i had a slide out drawer in the floor along side the ladder for keeping tools in was handy and tidy then had a shelf on the drivers side for more storage
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
Caddy63-Adrian
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Caddy63-Adrian »

Thankyou! A raised floor is the best thing anyone could do in a work van if they use steps, my plan is to get a shelf across the bulk head and get some of the little boxes up there out the way then just have my drills and tool bags in front of that which gives me enough extra space to use as work bench when fitting cameras etc.
Caddy63-Adrian
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Caddy63-Adrian »

Finally got the rest of the rear sorted, added some metal angle strips and a shelf to make use of the height of the van. Have absolutely loved working out of it the past 2 weeks next step will be to make the cabin abit more interesting. Ideally want to get a auto headlights module like I had on my golf and any other brushed chrome bits, an armrest and then focus on seats and audio.

Liam
Hyper Poster

Re: Adrian’s Silver Caddy Work Van - False floor finished

Post by Liam »

tidy but i can see you adding more neat touches as the weeks go by
Build thread here
Caddy63-Adrian
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Caddy63-Adrian »

Liam wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:20 pm tidy but i can see you adding more neat touches as the weeks go by
Yeah Im pretty certain I’m going to need to sort the lighting out in the rear before the darker evenings but I really cannot be arsed to strip all the ply out to get it done 🤦🏼‍♂️
ConnorL
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ConnorL »

Nice job mate, will be doing a similar project for mine, tools at the side, plenty of room for a mtb in between
Caddy63-Adrian
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Caddy63-Adrian »

a few minor things are in the process of being changed, picked up some silver tipped window switches and paid peanuts for some mk5 brushed handles which i thought i would have a go at fitting! There not perfect but better than the black ones and will do untill some proper ones pop up. Dont fancy buying new from the stealers as im sure they will want silly money for them!

Removed this pin

Which gives us this, you can see what needs to be removed so the door cable can be attached

Tiny bit of trimage

Slightly different shape which is a bit annoying but it will do for now

All working as should back in the van
Caddy63-Adrian
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Adrian’s Silver Caddy Work Van - Mk5 door handles

Post by Caddy63-Adrian »

Spent a few hours on the van today installed a Touran armrest thanks to james400 haven’t driven with it yet but it definitely makes the cabin a lot nicer to be in! I also adapted it abit by taking the 12v socket out the back panel and putting it in the storage bin ready to wire up. Installing it wasn’t too bad although I’m certain it would 10x easier without the seats in place 😂 also finished off my auto headlights got the cable router round the pillar to the dash.

Liam
Hyper Poster

Re: Adrian’s Silver Caddy Work Van - Armrest, auto lights and a 12v hidden socket

Post by Liam »

tidy work as usual
Build thread here
Caddy63-Adrian
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Adrian’s Silver Caddy Work Van - Armrest, auto lights and a 12v hidden socket

Post by Caddy63-Adrian »

Cheers mate bit of influence from your build was on the cards recently, I took off my knackered grey/black bumper protector for a silver one. Unfortunately I was greeted by abit of neglect from the previous owner.....

It’s going to bug the crap out of me knowing that’s there so eventually the bumpers will be sprayed, but until then this looks much better!
lewi_grf
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by lewi_grf »

Smart van👍🏼 You’ve made a really nice job in the back
Caddy63-Adrian
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Caddy63-Adrian »

Been a busy bank holiday Monday the back of the van wasn't working, to be fair it was always a temporary solution until I had the time to go a bit more in depth.

As you can see it's not quite finished but the two side shelves can be removed without disturbing the big shelf and bulkhead one hence carpeting them first.

No idea what I'm going to do with the side door yet so any ideas on what I can put there are welcome!