biking/climbing/camping caddy

Show off your caddy
Dia-Caddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: biking/climbing/camping caddy

Post by Dia-Caddy »

mostlysimon wrote:...the only problem I've had is losing a few of them because their magnetic strength is more than the adhesive strength, so a few ripped off when I was taking them down from the window.
That's also what I'm a bit afraid of, these neodymium magnetes do have a lot of magnetic strength for their small size!
So I think I'll be buying the screw-on type, especially because I'm thinking to use some plywood and carpeting these afterwards.
I'm not using them as blinding screens, but rather to fill the gaps of my barn doors (top halves) where I have those all-black-windows (or how do you call these?) can't see anything through anyway.
I'll probably make one for my sliding door as well (top half) where I haven't got a window neither, but just to get it all nice and carpeted as the rest of the side walls. Might be adding some extra or using some stronger magnetes for the sliding door
mkrav
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by mkrav »

mostlysimon wrote:I almost forgot my favourite bit of DIY, my homemade removable blackout screens. 1x cheap blackout blind from Dunelm Mill, 20x neodymium magnets (mega strong) from eBay and some left over carpet to finish them off. The tricky bit was making the templates from some cardboard and a LOT of patience!
Ingenious idea to use magnets! I was going to do hook and loop for my screens but this is so much better.
Thanks for the idea, and great work on the car!
caddywupz
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by caddywupz »

As with a lot of other comments on here - have to say this is a very nice clean build indeed.

Just looking at your dimensions though of your bed frame - when fully extended - how far does it come out?
In single mode I see it's 555mm.
In double mode ...?

Thanks!
Photographer & Caddy Conversion-er
Instagram Photos: neil_irwin
Instagram Caddy: caddywupz
mostlysimon
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: RE: Re: biking/climbing/camping caddy

Post by mostlysimon »

caddywupz wrote:As with a lot of other comments on here - have to say this is a very nice clean build indeed.

Just looking at your dimensions though of your bed frame - when fully extended - how far does it come out?
In single mode I see it's 555mm.
In double mode ...?

Thanks!
I'm away at the moment without a measuring stick, but I'll post the dimensions up when I'm back next week. Cheers.
joninlinton
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by joninlinton »

Great build thread given me some great ideas apologies if I missed a comment regarding the tent awning on the back of the caddy where did that come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BristolWill
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BristolWill »

What a great looking Caddy, really like all the interior very well planned out and practical! I have got a lot of ideas and inspiration from this build!
mostlysimon
200BHP+

Post by mostlysimon »

joninlinton wrote:Great build thread given me some great ideas apologies if I missed a comment regarding the tent awning on the back of the caddy where did that come from?
Cheers! It's the Sunncamp Silhouette Motor Plus 225, think I got it in a sale.
BristolWill wrote:What a great looking Caddy, really like all the interior very well planned out and practical! I have got a lot of ideas and inspiration from this build!
Thanks very much!
TS94
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by TS94 »

Hi Simon,

Great looking build!

Could you please send me the plans for the pull-out bed?

Thanks, Tom.
wheeledwidewebb
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by wheeledwidewebb »

Brilliant way of mounting the bike. Will be stealing that gem of an idea - awesome.
mostlysimon
200BHP+

Post by mostlysimon »

After spending the last year fixing up our new house and feeling guilty for neglecting the van, I decided to spruce it up a bit.

Installed a new head unit with reverse camera and finally plucked up the courage to make a hole in the roof for the dab aerial (it's been hidden behind the pillar for a couple of years with quite patchy signal). Also put a usb port in the coin tray for the android auto which is quite handy.

Realised that the little worktop wasn't getting used much so built some shelving to sit on top. It does look like a bit of an afterthought, but it's practical at least. Going to the Alps next month and I think the extra storage will be welcomed.

Also splashed out on some van x curtains for the barn doors. I've got sick of magnets falling off my DIY ones!

Going to start looking for some new seats to replace the Scirocco ones, I fancy something a bit less 'deep' for the long drives on the motorway.

The flame has been relit for the van tweaking!

Last edited by mostlysimon on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liam
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Liam »

great progress
2016 2.0 Tdi Mk4 Trendline caddy 160bhp
Remapped by Joe Power at TDR.ie www.tdr.ie
Build thread here
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34976
Led Sandwich
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by Led Sandwich »

Nice work mate this build is awesome, its given me some great inspiration for my caddy.
mostlysimon
200BHP+

Post by mostlysimon »

Liam wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:38 pmgreat progress
Led Sandwich wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:43 pm Nice work mate this build is awesome, its given me some great inspiration for my caddy.
Cheers! It's mostly all recycled ideas from other people on this forum!
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

That’s what we all do mate. Recycle ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Led Sandwich
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by Led Sandwich »

Its certainly what i intend to do. Its always easier to learn from others where you can.