Ddraeg's Low & Slow SDI

Show off your caddy
JD2k
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Ddraeg's Low & Slow SDI

Post by JD2k »

Nice! Good to see you finally got the seats in
I got hold of a loom to connect up the heating in the seats, bought it off a member who had it made by Stan-the-man. I'll let you know once I've got it all wired up and working.
ImageImageImage
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Ddraeg's Low & Slow SDI

Post by Caddyluv »

Stan done mine. Worked really well not stress at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ddraeg
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Ddraeg »

Thanks JD!

Might start keeping my eye out for the heated seats dash controls then if it's not too tricky! I'll see how your fitting goes JD and go from there!
JD2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by JD2k »

I got a used one off eBay for £23, there's a few different variants for the combination of buttons at the top, depending if you've got A/C etc.
I'm hopeful this will work with the loom I've got
ImageImageImage
Ddraeg
100BHP+

Post by Ddraeg »

Mine is bog standard at the moment, no air con or anything fancy. I guess I could use one similar to yours?
I hope the loom and everything is successful man! I'll keep an eye on your thread!
JD2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by JD2k »

Yeah mine is as standard as they come so I'll let you know if I can get the controls to function properly.
Any luck on finding some decent seat covers? I could do with a set for when I go mountain biking/camping.
Last edited by JD2k on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Ddraeg
100BHP+

Post by Ddraeg »

Thanks man!
Nah I haven't had a proper look yet! I'll let you know if I find anything!
davinci
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by davinci »

Hey Ddraeg. I'm picking up my first Caddy later today. Just wondering how you've got on with the flashband over the last few months? Is it worth doing before insulating or not?

Cheers

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Ddraeg
100BHP+

Post by Ddraeg »

davinci wrote:Hey Ddraeg. I'm picking up my first Caddy later today. Just wondering how you've got on with the flashband over the last few months? Is it worth doing before insulating or not?

Cheers Image

Hello and welcome to the forum!

As you must have seen I flashbanded pretty much the entire interior where there were large panels. It definitely made a difference and the van was less echoey. I can't make a comparison to proper sound deadening materials but I was happy with it. When I started reading up about it people said that it would smell like tar etc when it got hot, with the intense heat we've had this summer I've not noticed this at all.
I would say it's worth doing if you're wanting to avoid the hefty prices of proper sound deadening but still want to do something to reduce the echo. I used about 2-3 rolls to do my van.
Hope this helps!

davinci
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by davinci »

That helps alot, Cheers!

Ddraeg
100BHP+

Post by Ddraeg »

Long time since an update, it's not a particularly impressive one either!
I finally refitted the interior after spraying it. I'm afraid I cheaped out and went to Halfrauds for my paint to do this. Final count was two small plastic primer cans and three satin blacks. This covered the A pillars, parcel shelf, sun visors, grip handles and all the little bitty bits. I could have used more primer but I wasn't too bothered about the top side of the parcel shelf. A few bits of the paint chipped or were worn slightly during fitment, however I'm very pleased overall.
As you can see I have also painted the headlining black too. Points to note on this; don't try to use Dylon to dye the headlining. I attempted this way first but it resulted in a crystalline mouldy kind of thing going on and when I tried to rinse it the entire dye came straight off. In the end I used spray cans for vinyl. It's a little shiny but the coverage is pretty good and I'm happy with the end result!

I've also swapped out the interior light bulb for a new LED one and refitted the rear badge with 3M double sided tape instead of the shop bought stuff that I had lying around. Much more secure!

Ddraeg
100BHP+

Post by Ddraeg »

After much neglect and plenty of miles over the winter, I’ve finally found time and energy to get back to work on the van. We plan on attending a festival this summer so I’m aiming to have the van interior/rear complete for this.

Anyways, an actual update on the van. I finished off most of the insulation.

I’ve also acquired a bulkhead to chop down.

Ddraeg
100BHP+

Post by Ddraeg »

Ok, bank holiday/Easter weekend was successful! I managed to cut and file down the bulkhead as well as fitting new door cards and spraying some of the seatbelt trim.

The guy who sold me the door cards had a spare two switch trim for the Touran door cards. I pulled out the loom and switches from my original door cards and fitted it into the Touran one.

I’m unsure about all the different colour trims at the moment, maybe I’ll end up spraying it all black.