Steering wheel

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Dmilnes83
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Steering wheel

Post by Dmilnes83 »

Hi all.

Hi all. :D

New to the forum so please go easy on me :roll:

I have purchased a 2K 2008 model for my business. Few mods including audi TT seats. Window tints. Lowered on coil overs usual bits.

I'm having a problem with the steering wheel that is in the van. It has a GTD flat bottom Mfsw however who ever put it in didn't bother to wire anything up. Or they tried and couldn't find anything to work. So my main thing is getting the horn to work as I feel this is an essential part of a car that has to work :lol:

Any information will be great such as wiring etc

Thanks in advanced
Winst
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Re: Steering wheel

Post by Winst »

Hi Dmilnes83

Welcome to the forum

Is it the mk7 gtd wheel you have fitted? If so it maybe a case of re-pinning to get the horn to work
2011 2.0tdi Full 2018 front and rear ends fitted, airlift 3P suspension, 20" alloys, modified Porsche calipers front and rear with R8 handbrake caliper, Audi RS4 wingbacks, covered in nappa leather and alcantara, Touran dash, door cards, centre console all trimmed in leather and alcantara, MFSW, 3D cluster, Rockford fosgate and focal sounds with MIB2, bi xenons, full alltrack kit fitted, etc etc:D
Instagram @2kwayne
Dmilnes83
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dmilnes83 »

Thanks for a quick reply. Looking at photos online it's a mk6 GTD wheel. I'm also new to VW :D

When you say re pin do you mean take the little connectors out and re arrange them?

Thanks
Winst
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Winst »

yes re-pinning is exactly that bud :D

If its a mk6 wheel there should be no need for re-pinning mate, as far as i know it should be a slipring to suit a MFSW and the correct airbag harness should be all you need to get it working, and also coding with VCDS.
2011 2.0tdi Full 2018 front and rear ends fitted, airlift 3P suspension, 20" alloys, modified Porsche calipers front and rear with R8 handbrake caliper, Audi RS4 wingbacks, covered in nappa leather and alcantara, Touran dash, door cards, centre console all trimmed in leather and alcantara, MFSW, 3D cluster, Rockford fosgate and focal sounds with MIB2, bi xenons, full alltrack kit fitted, etc etc:D
Instagram @2kwayne
Dmilnes83
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dmilnes83 »

Super Thanks for the help. I don't suppose you have any links for the parts? Tried a Google but not great at this. My local garage can probably program it with there computer

Thanks again