Strange clunky noise in the morning.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Strange clunky noise in the morning.

Post by Caddyluv »

No peely mate. So when I get it to the garage it’s fine. I’ve been up two times waited around, made tea ate cake helped build a induction kit on a focus RS then test mine. Nothing....... get home starts making noises. So drive up the next day, take the van out for a drive.... nothingImage have tea, eat cake remap the same car..... test the van and nothing.

Thinking it’s psychological. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Are you testing with someone in the passenger seat but only hearing it when that seat is empty?
Could maybe be related to suspension load if that's the case....
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

Thanks doc yes mate. We have tried with people, without people. On the ramp, off the ramp. It’s getting a bit funny really. I’m sure when it get to bad it will get more constant. My mechanic don’t want to just keep replacing parts which at the moment I can’t afford anyway.

peely
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by peely »

Oh , sometimes if it breaks it’s better than an intermittent noise/ problem , at least then you know what your looking for, obviously I don’t want anyone having an accident but you know what I mean 🤓
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

Of course we’ll peely my man we have pretty much looked at most of the van, checked bolts bushes. Steering rack, universal joints, there is absolutely nothing obvious. There is nothing that comes out and says hi there what ever it is it’s so minor, at the moment. The wet and cold makes it worse. So hopefully a winter diagnosis.