Black on black 2.0

Show off your caddy
jamieprang
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Black on black 2.0

Post by jamieprang »

Thanks man. Yes the LEDs are decking lights and i just spliced them into the main cargo bay light so they operate as it does. Ive ordered some button shape rubber mat for the floor. Not the most ascetically pleasing compared with some others, but with 3 dogs to go in the back it was really the only option.
"A mk2 is like that really hot chick, who was really really cool, and no matter how badly you were treated, you kept going back"
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Decking lights Image that’s what I use. There so easy to use ain’t they. As you have gone black allround. You might wanna paint the light. Image

This is my front on black alcantaraImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jamieprang
100BHP+

Post by jamieprang »

It might actually have been your thread i saw them mentioned, if it was then thanks. Because they were SO easy to work with and install. Hmm... that's a good idea, i might just do that. Thanks again for another idea.
"A mk2 is like that really hot chick, who was really really cool, and no matter how badly you were treated, you kept going back"
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Black on black 2.0

Post by Caddyluv »

No worries buddy all here to help ain’t we.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jamieprang
100BHP+

Post by jamieprang »

Little bit of work done this past couple of days. The rubber mat arrived for the floor. Not as nice as others floors but with 3 dogs its pretty much essential. Set about putting it in to look as nice as possible.

Removed the floor and sanded all the bumps and whatnot from its surface. Then marked out and cut it to shape for as neat a fit as possible.

Imagefullsizeoutput_d7b by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d7a by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d79 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Then refitted the ply floor and screwed it down to the bonded ply strips underneath. Lay the rubber mat it for what turned out to be a damn good fit. I wanted the mat held down properly but didn't want to glue it to the ply. Fancied something nicer. Looked for all sorts of options using Stair Noses and other pre made trims but nothing was right for me. So i bought some 25mm right angle aluminium bar and made my own for the front, side and rear. And pretty pleased with the outcome.

Imagefullsizeoutput_d7c by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d7d by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d7e by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d76 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d80 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d81 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d82 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Imagefullsizeoutput_d83 by jamie simpson, on Flickr
jamieprang
100BHP+

Post by jamieprang »

The plan has always been to have the van as a workhorse. But as nice as i can keep it.. 3 dogs makes that a challenge. Fluff separation is key.

So i needed a bulkhead, but one i can see through. Hate the criss cross grating effect to look through. A while ago i cut that out with a view to fitting some perspex windows. Cut down on fluff and road noise. One mistake i made was that i hadn't considered how hard it would be to attach the perspex panes to the cut bulkhead. So i got a new one from a lower milage van and in black to match mine. Set about cutting out the grating again but leaving securing points for the windows.

ImageDSC_0043 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

All cut out and ready for some wet and dry.

ImageDSC_0044 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0045 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

All fitted and just about the cleanest part of the van... for now. (excuse the mess.. like i said. workhorse)

ImageDSC_0046 by jamie simpson, on Flickr
jamieprang
100BHP+

Post by jamieprang »

An ongoing headache has been the rear wheels after she was lowered. Contrary to the normal my wheels moved back in the arches. I had a garage do the flip for me because after the amount of time i spent on my mk2 axle flip i simply didn't have the spare time to devote to it.... turns out that was a mistake.

before.

ImageIMG_5255 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

Did some digging on here and with he guys at Forge. Relocation plates turned around to work in the opposite way to normal. So they arrived and i had a dry day yesterday. Up on stands and set about it. It didnt take long to discover the problem... the locating pin... wasn't there..?? This is literally how it was as i split it...

ImageIMG_5256 by jamie simpson, on Flickr

(Several hours calling fastening suppliers for some suitable grades and length later) That explains that then. Should have just done it myself in the first place. Lesson in not being lazy i guess. Anyway.. Forge plates fitted and dropped her down another notch. Bump stops cut off to the last bump too. (its dirty i know)

ImageIMG_5262 by jamie simpson, on Flickr
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

That's really tidy, I like it.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
borgwarrior
Caddy Fan

Post by borgwarrior »

Looks great!

You made me think about having the cabin look full black too.
jamieprang
100BHP+

Post by jamieprang »

@Doc, thank you sir. High praise for a mortal like me. :lol: :lol: Im pleased with how it came out. Annoyed i had to buy a 2nd bulkhead, but as i turned out to be a black one it worked in my favour.

@borgwarrior I like the stealthy look of the all round black. Its a mare to keep clean though. As is very apparent from the photos, although i did give her a clean yesterday.