Re: Blackberry Life

Post by Caddyluv »

Amazing cool. Your love it I promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sam_G
Caddy Fan

Post by Sam_G »

Looking stunning! What a transformation! Love the fronts lights, goes really well!

mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

^^^ Thanks Sam...
2017 Blackberry Maxi Life 190TDI 6MT OEM+
Santiago 18” | OE Xenons | Limo tints | Wind deflectors
Remap 190bhp | H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front & rear splitter | RKD side skirts
Android HU | Focal 2.1+2 audio | Dynamat | 4G WiFi | Wireless phone charge
Build thread here http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

Eventually got round to replacing the Climair wind deflectors. Although they looked great and seemed decent quality, they kept on slipping out of the window channel or even falling out completely. Bought some Heko alternatives a while ago, and fitted them today as weather is getting warmer so hopefully the rubber seals will take to the new ones.

Last edited by mark1a on Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remap 190bhp | H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front & rear splitter | RKD side skirts
Berger
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Berger »

mark1a wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:35 pm Wanted to change the rear VW roundel but wanted something other than the usual black. I investigated removal & spraying my existing one and then I found this CF one:

Badge removal again easy job with hairdryer and isopropyl alcohol.
hi mate I’m liking this badge a lot could you tell me where you got it please?
Instagram @berger2k
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

Berger wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:47 pm hi mate I’m liking this badge a lot could you tell me where you got it please?
Hello...

It was an eBay special and I've looked back at the original order confirmation and the seller is no longer active. However this was the original item description:

VW Transporter T5 Caddy Rear Trunk/boot door Badge EMBLEM CARBON FIBRE 130mm

There should be plenty around, I expect they all come from the same place.

You'll just need to measure your OEM one to check the size, in case they're different diameters for tailgate / barn doors.
Berger
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Berger »

Thank you I’ll have a look on eBay 👍🏻
Instagram @berger2k
MartinR
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MartinR »

@mark1a loving what you’ve done so far, but have you worked out where the leisure battery will go yet? Got a Maxi Life this week and it needs to do family wagon duties as well as occasional camper duty so using the rear passenger foot well is probably not allowed :-)
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

@MartinR thanks very much, ref the leisure charging, I will have to install something like a Sterling Power BB1230 rather than a standard split charge relay due to having Euro6 and smart alternator, and I intend to install this by removing the left hand plastic trim panel, and placing the charger and batteries in there, in front of the LH wheelarch. I say “batteries” because a standard caravan type lead acid battery will be way too big, so instead I will use either a pair of golf trolley or mobility scooter batteries wired in parallel to give the equivalent of 70Ah or more. Will be a little more expensive but a better way to go. I will only require it for powering lights, AV system, roof screen and charging a 70Ah or thereabouts should be sufficient.
MartinR
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MartinR »

Ooh, cunning, hadn’t looked into that space. I was just exploring the options for something removable - won’t need it in there most of the time, so wondered if I could somehow have a battery box plugged into the existing 12v sockets to top them off. Again, it’ll be mainly for lights and phone charging overnight, though a fridge appeals...
Cy Russ
Caddy Fan

Post by Cy Russ »

I've just found this thread and it's definitely a vote for the maxi team. I have a T25 and thinking of changing to a caddy for easy of a daily/ camper but must look cool and the maxi never really floated my boat until I've seen black ones. Great work a huge inspiration
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

Thanks very much for that. Maxi Life is a good choice for both daily drive and weekend camper, I’ve not looked back since selling my cars.

Castoutdoors
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Castoutdoors »

Keep up the good work buddy I be looking forward to seeing the split charge going in

Have alway love blackberry caddy as well looks so smart !

mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

👍 cheers!
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

Just got back from a 3000 mile trip in the Caddy. Family of 4, plus luggage and my road bike. No shortage of space at all, and all without a hitch. Had to top up AdBlue in Italy, and I'm surprised I have any wheels, tyres and suspension left after travelling on Italy's SS roads (Strada Statale, these are supposed to be A roads but they were absolutely shocking), but other than that, everything was perfect. Averaged 55mpg which isn't too bad considering it's a 150TDI, full of stuff, 4 people and some serious gradients in the Alps.

Travelled across France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Italy (visiting Stelvio, Venice, Orbetello, Pisa and Rome) and back via France.

Tips for travelling in Germany - their Low Emission Zones have now expanded to over 50 cities, and the fines have increased since the last time I went. I stopped in Cologne at a TUV Prüfstelle (MOT testing station), presented my V5, paid €6 and got the green sticker no problem. Also in Switzerland, you cannot get away without a vignette on the windscreen, I bought mine in advance, but then was stopped at the border by a customs officer and politely informed that it needed to be stuck to the window, not placed in a permit holder, otherwise a "CHF200 fine may ruin my trip".

Pictured here at the top of Stelvio Pass.