Carpet for the rear advice.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DanHughes
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Carpet for the rear advice.

Post by DanHughes »

Hi all, Just ordered some carpet and led light strips for the rear of the van. It's already all ply lined but i'm just wondering if anyone could give me any advice when it comes to carpeting (i'm all good with the electrics) I have never carpeted as of yet though, currently building a camper van Peugeot boxer that is ready to be carpeted soon as well so any tips may come in handy. Going to do the Caddy first for a little practice :D I have oredered the correct van/stretch carpet. Thanks in advance :)
RyyJones
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Carpet for the rear advice.

Post by RyyJones »

Middle of doing mine now mate- never done it before + I find it Really easy, take all the ply out.. sound deaden the van and I’ve carpeted onto the ply. You’ll soon get the hang of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DanHughes
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DanHughes »

Cheers mate, I need to take the ply out to sound deaden anyway. So you carpet the ply while it was still out the van before putting it back in? I was going to go over some metal panels so never really thought of that, suppose I could cut some carpet separate to go over them once I have put the ply back in :D I'm not doing the floor which is a bonus because it's got some hard proof foam matting down for the pooches! No point carpeting it, will just get wrecked :lol:
RyyJones
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by RyyJones »

Yeah mate carpeted all the ply whilst it was out the van... and just going to carpet the metal bits that you’ll still see whilst the ply is out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DanHughes
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DanHughes »

Sweet cheers mate, will give it a go once the rain stops in 2020 :lol: