Upgrading Speakers

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Chrispope26197
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Upgrading Speakers

Post by Chrispope26197 »

Can anyone point me in the right direction on what speakers are a noticeable upgrade to the standard ones? I have the touran door mechs so spacers are already there. What size do I need? Not wanting to spend a lot but just want abit more of a clearer sound!
Dugpal
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Upgrading Speakers

Post by Dugpal »

I think the speakers in mine aren't too bad at all really. The only thing I did was buy some tweeters that fit in the top of the dash and wired them in to the 'rear' speaker ports on the radio. I think you should probably use some sort of bass and treble splitter to do this and also have rear speakers but I'm not an expert on this.
It sounded a lot better once I'd done this and didn't upgrade the door ones.
2011 1.6 TDI
totty79
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by totty79 »

With the required adapter/spacer it becomes a common size so all brands are available. I chose Focal at around £90.

It sounds better but replacing the radio made a bigger difference even though the replacement was only a Chinese Android one (Pumpkin branded).
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

You'll need to consider your head unit output power before choosing speakers.
Fitting £500 200w RMS speakers on a 45w RMS output will be rubbish in comparison to a £75 set of correctly spec'd speakers.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Aldis
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Aldis »

Pepsi
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Pepsi »

Also consider jl audio. Installed some in mine and a great upgrade. As long as you upgrade your head unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grifnut
100BHP+

Post by Grifnut »

JL audio components with a decent amp sounds amazing, just makes me realise how much I need to sound deaden the van
Aldis
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Aldis »

very very good alternative to big names. Just make sure you choose 4GB model with DSP.
I have it in my Caddy now.

http://s.aliexpress.com/Yn6FjEve