Pure BoB's Maxi R

Show off your caddy
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Bought one

Post by Stedlocks »

I used more as I made panels, rather than cover the whole sides....I just liked the look better

https://oi929.photobucket.com/albums/ad ... radyhl.jpg

I did the headliner too. That used 8square metres.
Gary.8
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Gary.8 »

It's the blue from megavanmats and the headliner I did in scrim foam back suede. Yeah it's sound deaden with silent coat and dodo mat insulation, its worth doing
bob86
100BHP+

Post by bob86 »

thanks for that guys

well I've just bought that campervan upgrade kit from deadening, after seeing just how much of the silent coat knock off kiravans are offering (1.8m2) in their pack.
I've ordered samples from vanliningcarpet, to see if I want anthracite or smoke, stupidly, I also ordered capet samples off kiravans, at £1.50 but then got charged £4 for postage! still, I'll get it all deadened and insulated first, then think about getting the carpeting after payday!

can't wait to pick it up tomorrow! and booked in at sirus monday morning. still, the van will have a good run, Essex to Bristol, then up to Brum.

new GPS receiver puck is in the post to see if that fixes the satnav.
bob86
100BHP+

Post by bob86 »

Well picked it up today from Essex, Filled it and got it to my parents that is nearby. Do some bits then drive back to Bristol, Got to remove the ply ready for tomorrow at sirus so did it at my parents. Opened the back door and found this
Removed the ply

ImageImage

Looks like some racking he had in it had 2 screws go into the fuel tank

I've popped a screw in the 2 that I can see the tank from, hopefully that will plug it for now.

I think I saw somewhere that sirus drop the fuel tank to do the mods, hopefully can get it plugged up, thinking pop rivets should seal it up
bob86
100BHP+

Post by bob86 »

Took it to Birmingham. Boring day watching folk hard at work.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Anyone have it done? How did you dress this bit of trim?

ImageImageImage
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

if you look for 'bulkhead delete', it tells you.....I've just done it on mine. cut down the bulkhead (I used a fein multimaster) then I carpeted it. looks factory!
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

bob86
100BHP+

Post by bob86 »

Stedlocks wrote:if you look for 'bulkhead delete', it tells you.....I've just done it on mine. cut down the bulkhead (I used a fein multimaster) then I carpeted it. looks factory!
Could you take a close up for me? The ones in your build thread don't show much detail. You've carpeted it to haven't you?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

I'll have a go today, but I am rubbish at photography!
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

bob86 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:22 am Could you take a close up for me? The ones in your build thread don't show much detail. You've carpeted it to haven't you?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Really tricky to photo as the carpet is black as your hat!

bob86
100BHP+

Post by bob86 »

wow! that is neat! well done!
Stedlocks
Hyper Poster

Post by Stedlocks »

It's really not that hard fella....take your time, don't go mental, and you'll be good!
I don't know where you are, but if your near Stansted airport, I'll be more the
an happy to help...
bob86
100BHP+

Post by bob86 »

Sorry, I'm over by Bristol airport, so not too close otherwise I would.
I've got some sound deadening in. Done both arches so far. Can hear a difference already.
Retrieved my bulkhead and looked it over, looks like an awkward cut to do, but sure the carpet will hide it. Also been given a roll of anthracite carpet by a neighbour so will just buy smoke for the roof, and maybe the front doors, although may see if I can find caddy life doorcards for the sliding doors.

Last edited by bob86 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob86
100BHP+

Re: Pure BoB's Maxi R

Post by bob86 »

We'll it's been slow going. I've since sound deadened the rest of the back, still need to do the roof though, then insulate and carpet

Fitted new floor mats

Fitted new trim to the side doors, doesn't fit perfect because of the beading on the new window, but will be ok for now, might warm it up and try to get it closer to the metalwork

And after a lot of struggling and help from Stan-the-man I got my two switch console in the drivers door, have to go back in and tidy up the wiring with new terminals at some point as they are just direct to pins ATM, not in a connector

Still need to alter the bulkhead trim pieces to look a bit nicer, before carpeting them. Make them flow a bit nicer

Rear suspension has been sorted too today, now doesn't bottom out on the nsr, feels nicer already. Garage says it was just new dampers, although they also broke the bad news that the fuel tank is still leaking after sirus 'fixed' it. So that's booked in next week for them.
skinnyd
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Pure BoB's Maxi R

Post by skinnyd »

@bob86

I want to add those rear door trims.

Why does it not fit well?
I have a mk4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk