Heko wind deflectors

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
bob86
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Heko wind deflectors

Post by bob86 »

I have just had my driver's side deflector blow off for the 2nd time while driving, it pops the top out on the rear edge, has anyone else has this?

Is it missing something?

Is there any way to know if it is the right one for a caddy? As it was already on the van when I bought it
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Heko wind deflectors

Post by Doc »

I have Heko wind deflectors and have never had this happen. I've had my windows fully down at 70mph and the deflectors stay put.
Have you fitted the metal clips to hold them in place?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
bob86
100BHP+

Post by bob86 »

No, I can't see any. Are they obvious?

Windows were up btw
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I'm sure they were in a little bag packed along with the wind deflectors when I got them.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Berger
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Berger »

My passenger 1 is on the a46 somewhere saw it fly off on my way to caffeine & machine, quickest fix was remove the drivers 1 and the van is now a lot quieter at speed
Instagram @berger2k
gjseb
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by gjseb »

They certainly are like a v shape and when window up pushing them in to position mate
bob86
100BHP+

Post by bob86 »

@Berger lol, luckily the front of mine stayed in, so just had to fumble it back in blind while driving down the M5 at 70mph

I'll have to look into those clips
envycommercial
100BHP+

Post by envycommercial »

Iv stopped buying them for my van it’ll be on its 4th set if I bought some more, had one set blow off on m62 passanger side and I was in my van on my own, it hung on for dear life and I was trying to find a slip road. Had 2 sets stolen :(
Last set I drilled a 3mm hole in each just in case I see them on some ones van :) then there be needing 2 side windows as well.

And I bought a cheaper set that looked really solid in pictures but to get windows to go up and Stay up involved split second precision timing on the window switch lol.

I bought a set for my Rangey a while ago and they double sided taped to the outside, seems a much better design
ViralEye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by ViralEye »

Got them in my mk4 without clips and had Windows all the way down at 70 with no issues? Not using the metal clips either

Sent from my ONEPLUS6 using Tapatalk

threepeaks
Caddy Fan

Post by threepeaks »

Heko are sort of ok but Climair are the best, made in Germany and the quality is superb, no clips needed. Would recommend them all day long even though they are a bit more than hekos, around £50 for the x2 front doors delivered.
"of all the things Iv'e lost, I miss my mind the most"
Brock
Caddy Fan

Post by Brock »

I also have Heko deflectors on my windows, with clips.

Fitted soon after I got my Caddy and I've had no issues with them moving.

They are noisy but at least they stop water dripping in, when you have a window open, which is the reason I put them on.
bob86
100BHP+

Post by bob86 »

well i'll look and see what the state of them is tomorrow. if I have no clips fitted, is there anywhere I can go out and buy them from? is somewhere like GSF going to sell them?
NZDubNurd
Hyper Poster

Post by NZDubNurd »

I got CT deflectors that stick on the outside for my Touran. It's a much better design - like envycommercial said.

Hekos are sitting in my garage - totally can't be arsed with them! Moved the clips plenty of times, get everything in just the right place, then after a hot day with the windows down a crack... they stop the windows going up, or start rattling on the glass!

Stuck the CT's on, ZERO issues. They don't interfere with the windows or seals at all. Just like the genuine ones that came on my wifes Jap import Touran.

They're also available in multiple colours and different widths.

Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

I just bought the Heko’s about a week ago, they were super easy to fit, look nice and although I didn’t fit the 4 clips, they are still on. :D
If they do end up being pants, I’ll update :D but as nearly half the price of the Climair ones, good value

What’s the definition of irony ? I’ve always used wind deflectors as I was a smoker, but I’ve given up (8 weeks) so fingers crossed for me :D
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
bob86
100BHP+

Post by bob86 »

well with mine, I came out to the van one afternoon, found the deflector bowed out, think the sun had been shinning on it and made it distort out. so the drivers side has been off ever since, but I do want something back on. might give the CT's a go, still trying to decide really. makes a big difference in the rain. I've been spoilt with heated windscreens. wish you could get them for caddys