Install Cruise control on Caddy 2011

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
dynamic duo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Install Cruise control on Caddy 2011

Post by dynamic duo »

Hi everyone,

I am keen to have a go installing cruise control and MFSW on my Caddy Maxi Life 1.6 TDI (2011). At the moment the steering wheel is basic plastic and the instrument panel only shows the outside temperature and digital km/h. but i know that with MFSW i can get the on board computer to show more information than the outside temperature only. ( I have full version of VCDS Hex-NET).

Has anyone done this before, and how much hassle it is? ( I have installed cruise control before on several of my previous cars ( Audi A2/A3, VW Golf Mk4).

Any advice on parts and installation would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Luis
dynamic duo
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Install Cruise control on Caddy 2011

Post by dynamic duo »

Done some checking with VCDS tonight, looks like I only need a new stalk ( indicator with cruise control buttons) .

Please correct me if I am wrong, but both channel 16 - Steering Wheel and 01- Engine have accepted the coding, thus it means that i do not need any other parts?

Easy enough to remove airbag/ steering wheel and old stalk. Will have a try next weekend and let you all know.

cheers
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

You'll need the stalk set, nothing else.
There is lots of information in the technical section of the forum on this very subject.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Minimobster
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Minimobster »

I'm also having a go at this too, hopefully tomorrow, got new stalks and wheel ready, just not looking forward to getting airbag off
dynamic duo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by dynamic duo »

Hi Minimobster,

as long as you follow the golden rules, removing the airbag is easy.

Just remember to remove the earth from the battery first and before you take the airbag off the steering wheel, touch an earth point so no static is present.

Hi Doc, cheers for confirming :D
r1lea
Hyper Poster

Post by r1lea »

There’s no need to remove the battery, nothing relating to the airbags is live with ignition off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sakelon
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by Sakelon »

Yeah, I can confirm that there is no need to remove the battery clamp. Did fine in BMW X5 e53 and toyota rav4 2009 and avensiss 2005 and 2009. Only check that there is no statics for safety.
Dislexicdonkey
200BHP+

Post by Dislexicdonkey »

I’d be disconnecting the battery. Replaced a few dash boards over the years and that was always the first thing instructed to do.

When in Milton Keynes Vw training centre im pretty sure that was the very first thing you were tested on or it was an automatic fail.

Not worth the risk for 5 seconds with a 10mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaiCaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by DaiCaddy »

Is this the same for a 2016 Startline C20 model, as would like to have Cruise as a retro fit?
callan1001
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by callan1001 »

Hey guys,

i have a 2012 1.6 tdi, i have purchased the stalk, i understand i will need to have it coded, is there anthing else that i will need?