Post by hef355 »

Ye Stu what are your plans for that arse end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My Blackberry Caddy

Post by Barbel330 »

Well.......I’m going to blame Ryan for having to wait for a vital part which is on back order at VW even though it’s not his fault at all

In all seriousness, the new rear bumper is all ready to go on apart from 1 piece so it’s just a waiting game at the moment. It might arrive tomorrow or it might arrive in 3 months

Instagram: @y_5cuf
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

All 4 wheels ceramic coated today. I prefer to do them before tyres are fitted but I didn’t have the opportunity with this set so it took ages removing them from the van, washing, degreasing and 2 coats of Carbon Collective platinum wheels. Also roped up the coating on my calipers while the wheels were off.

Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Celticrsmith »

Wow, didn’t realise how close they were to those arches! Must be a worry sometimes
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

My Blackberry Caddy

Post by Barbel330 »

No it all clears. The rears by about 1mm but clear is clear. Obviously I don’t drive it like that, that’s just aired out :) The fitment was worked out to the nearest mm. Fronts you get some leaway and can play around with spacers and wheel offsets. It’s a balancing act between clearing the strut, clearing the calipers and clearing the arches. I’m currently running 6mm spacers on the front but could go to 8mm if I wanted. Rears are a bit more critical as you don’t have much room to play with. I have no spacers on the rear so the calculations worked out perfectly.

This was when I first tested it with these wheels. It was super close so I put a bit of tape on the rim just to see if it touched it, then slowly dropped it down mm by mm. She’s tight!!! Image

hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by hef355 »

Wheels are amazing Stu and transformed the van! Silver is king

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Cheers Hef. Silver is king.......for now :)
EngServ
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by EngServ »

Amazing van. You’ve definitely put some hours into this :shock:
58Clowns
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by 58Clowns »

Beautiful work!

Inspirational
2007 VW Caddy tdi
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S - FOR SALE
1989 VW Golf GTI s/c VR6
1989 BMW 325i - FOR SALE
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Had a trip upto Reflex on Wednesday to get their side door mod done. My new wheels are quite convex with the spokes sticking out a fair bit so I knew I’d need to get this done before I even ordered the rims. Works perfectly now. Also got to meet Berger and r1lea while I was there and have some caddy related conversations which is always nice. We got the opportunity to stare at Dans van through the fence too. It’s beautiful but needs a clean mate Image

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

That's a nice modification @Barbel330, did you gain much extra clearance with this new arm from ReflexAutoDesign? It looks like your door is a good bit away from your arch now, considering you have the arch extensions fitted it must be significant. I believe it was @Caddyluv who contacted ReflexAutoDesign about this some time ago and they said they wouldn't do it for just anybody, must be the guy you bought your wheels from has a patent on it or something.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Yes it’s gained a decent amount Doc. I couldn’t open the door more than a few inches before it would have touched the spokes. I reckon it’s given it a good inch and a half extra space. It doesn’t look much different in that photo but it’s a huge difference. He said this was the maximum he could go.

I emailed them and asked for it to be done before I ordered the wheels and they said no problem :) If they’d said no I would have had to rethink my wheel choice as I definitely need my side door for work. For the last few weeks, when I had the wheels on but not had the door mod done I had to put 3 cable ties on my side door handle and cut the ends off sharp to remind me not to open the door or I would have just smashed it into the rims :lol: All good now though.
Last edited by Barbel330 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by hef355 »

Great side door mod that Stu, works a treat doesn’t it buddy lovely

Grifnut
100BHP+

Post by Grifnut »

love the sharp cable tie method great thinking, I need one of them on the steering wheel for forgetting to not try and drive off with the van aired out