Rad fans

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ant bliss
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Rad fans

Post by Ant bliss »

Hello I’ve noticed my rad fans on my 2.0 cr 140 are on even when the engines not up to full temp,and sometimes stay on for a few seconds when I turn it of.
Everything seams fine,gets up to temp fine etc.is it an issue?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Rad fans

Post by Doc »

This is usually a sign that the outside air temperature sensor, located in the lower front grille, is faulty or disconnected.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Ant bliss
100BHP+

Post by Ant bliss »

Oh ok,I’ve just noticed a potential problem that may effect it also,
It takes a while to get to 90deg and even then it dips below often I’m talking a 20 mile drive till it stays at 90,is that thermostat?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I'd say taking a long time to warm up is more than likely because the fans are running and cooling the engine down.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Ant bliss
100BHP+

Post by Ant bliss »

Wouldent the outside air temp senser bring a fault code up thought,I’m not initially sure they run all the time but on quite a few occasions they do,
It’s always taken ages to get to temp and always dips below until you go on a long run then it seams to stabilise
I’ve only had it a month or so
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Is the outside temperature showing on your instrument cluster?
Do you have VCDS to check engine temperature?

Ant bliss
100BHP+

Post by Ant bliss »

No it isn’t showing,it did at first then when it got low on fuel it changed to mile to empty and no won’t swop back.
I don’t no
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

So, you've checked the outside temp sensor it still there and connected?

Ant bliss
100BHP+

Post by Ant bliss »

I haven’t but I will do tomorow
Ant bliss
100BHP+

Post by Ant bliss »

How do the front grills come out,as wanting to paint them anyway
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

You need to take the bumper off to release from the back.