Insurance Companys

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
jxke.y
Caddy2k Groupie

Insurance Companys

Post by jxke.y »

Whos everyone insured with that allow mods?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Winst
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Re: Insurance Companys

Post by Winst »

Hi jxke.y welcome to the forum

I've used both Brentacre and Adrian Flux for modified van insurance, found the quotes very similar.
2011 2.0tdi Full 2018 front and rear ends fitted, airlift 3P suspension, 20" alloys, modified Porsche calipers front and rear with R8 handbrake caliper, Audi RS4 wingbacks, covered in nappa leather and alcantara, Touran dash, door cards, centre console all trimmed in leather and alcantara, MFSW, 3D cluster, Rockford fosgate and focal sounds with MIB2, bi xenons, full alltrack kit fitted, etc etc:D
Instagram @2kwayne
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Greenlight is who I use. Been amazing for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by brooneye »

Another one for flux, been with them for years and up to now can’t fault them

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

I normally look at flux, brantacre and green light. They don’t charge extra for mods unless they significantly increase value or power.

Rescue me from the swans in me
Calamity Kev
100BHP+

Post by Calamity Kev »

Aviva.

found them to be cheaper than most. They've accepted every mod i've added at no extra cost (Leisure battery with split charge & aftermarket alloys were the main mods).
Ride Bikes Drink Beer
Astrohunter
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Astrohunter »

Be wary of Adrian flux. I used them for a few years for both camper and motorbikes. They then pulled a few very dodgy stunts. Had to get the authorities involved. I got a refund and compensation in the end but it caused a lot if grief.

They also hide behind a few other trade names.

1. They knew i owned two houses at the time (bought one before sold other). Took extra money from my credit card without permission a few weeks after taking out insurance.

I challenged them. The address where i lived was the one i had provided but said 'i could be lying therefore had increased my premium to reflect this. I demanded they play back the voice recording of the application where i fully explained. They then said if i objected to the transaction they would report me to the DVLA and get me a £1000 fine for not updating my license in time.

I called the DVLA who advised it didnt matter as my mail was being redirected. The only rule is you have to be contactable via the recorded address.

2. On another occasion I rang to say i would be changing campervans a few weeks after the renewal date. They said no problem, it would just be an amendment fee. When i rang to say i had sold the camper they cancelled the policy with no transfer or refund.

I did various searches and found they were pulling the same Scams on lots of people.
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Greenlight for me, used them for both my vans with numerous mods, very easy to add additional Mods also. Even adding the R engine to the white van only put it up by just over £100. So very modification accepting.

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Pedrocaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Pedrocaddy »

Yep green light all day long . I've got. 56 swb import Swedish post van rhd, twin sliders with glass oh and its a dsg on 19s dare alloys £350 ish .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GYCADDY
Caddy Fan

Post by GYCADDY »

I'm with brenatacre myself,
chipped, lowered, big wheels, seats etc
just under 400
r33sxo
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Insurance Companys

Post by r33sxo »

Adrian Flux has looked after for the last few years. No increase in price for additional mods throughout the year! Only price to pay is if there is a engine performance mod!
I’m 22 and just had my renewal come through for 650, plenty of mods on the insurance as well

Candy White Caddy - R33S XO
Geraout
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Geraout »

Has anyone any experience of claiming for a modified vehicle? This is what I think would make the difference between providers.

You provide a list of modifications when you take out the policy; but in the event of a claim do they just take this list as given - or would you be expected to somehow prove what has been fitted to the vehicle.

eg Are you expected to find receipts for the parts and what about the time cost of fitting them etc. Do they ask for photos?
ConnorCaddy
Caddy Fan

Post by ConnorCaddy »

Insured with Adrian flux. Cheapest by far!

They have asked for proof my van is garaged via a photo, which I guess makes sense as most vans aren’t and they don’t fit in a lot of garages! Good job I was telling the truth!
lord-dudester
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by lord-dudester »

Caddyluv wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:53 pm Greenlight is who I use. Been amazing for me Image

I took Ryan’s advice and moved to green light. They’re well helpful and getting it set up took seconds 👍🏻👍🏻
mrdepths
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by mrdepths »

Brentacre has always been good to me.

premium changes based on BHP not minor mods