Looking for caddy experts

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Timthorley
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Looking for caddy experts

Post by Timthorley »

Hello all,

I can't figure out what the best engine would be i definitely need a 2.0tdi but do i go for a 102 or a 140? What's the difference surely its just a bigger turbo?.

Ive looked at two caddys today a maxi and a swb i defo need a maxi. Im going to have a look in classifieds soon.

Thanks in advance all
The one that needs his hand held :roll:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Looking for caddy experts

Post by Doc »

Since you're talking about 102 and 140bhp versions of the 2.0TDI, I assume you are looking at the Caddy4?
If so, the engines are the same with the exception of the tune.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
SnoWhite
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by SnoWhite »

Following on from Doc's observation - you doubtless realise that both engines can of course be re-mapped to produce more power (a lot more) should you so choose. Hence if a remap is on the horizon then you might as well choose whichever version is cheaper and use the money saved to part fund a quality rolling road remap with the likes of Pendle Performance who offer discounted rates to Caddy2k forum members.

However if you want a DSG (automatic) model (a great choice if you spend ages in traffic jams) I think they are only available with the 140 engine tuning.
Brom
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Brom »

And I believe if you prefer a manual gearbox, you're limited to the 102, 5speed box. 150 only available with DSG.
hatman
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by hatman »

I have Caddy 4 6 x speed manual
2020Viper Green High Line, 150ps 6sp DSG Xenons, mfsw, reverse camera, winter pack, folding mirrors, 18” Gloss black Bola B1”s Gloss Black roof/grills
Timthorley
100BHP+

Post by Timthorley »

Doc wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:14 pm Since you're talking about 102 and 140bhp versions of the 2.0TDI, I assume you are looking at the Caddy4?
If so, the engines are the same with the exception of the tune.
Thanks Doc, that clears it up for me, and with me looking to remap it when i buy one theres no point me being fussy either way.
Timthorley
100BHP+

Post by Timthorley »

SnoWhite wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:46 am Following on from Doc's observation - you doubtless realise that both engines can of course be re-mapped to produce more power (a lot more) should you so choose. Hence if a remap is on the horizon then you might as well choose whichever version is cheaper and use the money saved to part fund a quality rolling road remap with the likes of Pendle Performance who offer discounted rates to Caddy2k forum members.

However if you want a DSG (automatic) model (a great choice if you spend ages in traffic jams) I think they are only available with the 140 engine tuning.
Great bit of advice there Sno thanks, i would like an auto next it wouldn't be a deal breaker either way manual or auto though. I am curious what is the reliability of the auto boxs i do drive quite hard?
Timthorley
100BHP+

Post by Timthorley »

hatman wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:47 am I have Caddy 4 6 x speed manual
You had any issues to date pal?
hatman
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by hatman »

All good 57k miles now.
2020Viper Green High Line, 150ps 6sp DSG Xenons, mfsw, reverse camera, winter pack, folding mirrors, 18” Gloss black Bola B1”s Gloss Black roof/grills
Timthorley
100BHP+

Post by Timthorley »

Top man hope she continues trouble free