Caddy R360 build thread

Show off your caddy
BennyS3
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Caddy R360 build thread

Post by BennyS3 »

Firstly Sir is just like to say what an amazing job you have done to the van!! It’s no wonder why you have won so many awards with it!!!

I do have a Q regarding sliding door delete...was it a brand new panel that they put in or fabricated the door shut and rail cover??
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Thank you.

As for the sliding door delete, it’s an entire replacement panel on mine - lhd drivers side.
Baldspeed Racing
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Baldspeed Racing »

nice to meet you on Sunday mate at the Meguiar's BBQ, so glad I've got to see this in the flesh as well now
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Nice to meet you too. Shame the weather meant the caddy was closed!
Baldspeed Racing
100BHP+

Post by Baldspeed Racing »

yeh not the best of weather, it didnt help with my Bro's mini as the old gal didnt like being wet and chucked a bitch fit and broke down on his road home. So we had to push her back which was fun!
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

:lol: I saw he said something on fb or insta!
BennyS3
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BennyS3 »

Cheers mate...couldn’t possibly tell me where could get a replacement part from do you? I could need one for my drivers side
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

What, the side panel? Reflex ordered it from either TPS or their local VW parts dept.
Andyspuregrey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Andyspuregrey »

Amazing build this, attention to detail is something else. deserves the Trophy's and feature.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

So it’s not always trophies magazine shoots and hot blondes in bikinis throwing themselves at me (ok that last one is just a dream), sometimes my caddy is normal and fills itself with water.

I noticed a smell that made me think the air con might need deodorising but I as it’s had many jet washes recently I thought I’d better check the footwell. Sure enough, passenger side was soaked.

Popped the scuttle panel off and checked the drain holes. All clear. Started dismantling the interior to get the carpet out to dry it - what do you reckon? Did I need to bother Image

Closer inspection and a chat with doc we discovered the drain hose from the air con was never fitted and so it’s been draining into the foam and wicked it’s way under the carpet. Bit of surface rust suggests it’s been wet for ages and at a guess was never fitted.

This is where the hose should exit through the body grommet

Fortunately it’s a nice day and I’ve got the dehumidifier running so it should dry out. Not sure how long it will be before I’ve calmed down mind you and I’m just working out what to do in regards to the culprit…
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

honestly wtf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

So what's the verdict, do we have to go all the way to Poznan where it was built or will it have been someone closer we are going to smash?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Beaker2135
Hyper Poster

Post by Beaker2135 »

WTF! You think that will dry out ok or new carpet required?
Can’t imagine it left the factory like that so who dunnit...
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Well it didn’t come with air con, it was retrofitted. Can’t be certain who it was as there have been a few companies involved but as the grommet is in the hole where it should be I have my suspicions it was never fitted and that tells me who is to blame.

I think at this stage it will dry out but let’s see in a few days. Problem is the rubber flooring that goes behind the dash and I assume is a pain to get out. It’s so wet I can ring it out but hopefully it shouldn’t smell if it does dry.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

After 4 days of running dehumidifiers and multiple packets of large silica gel packets I got the floor dry enough. Fitted the drain pipe and put it back together. No smell but I have picked up new carpets and the foam sound absorber which I plan on fitting in the future. The rear carpet I got is from the maxi life I think and it has lids which means I can cover the air suspension wiring.

All in time for London Cartel’s Big Show today and a real surprise was picking up a trophy for Best New Skool.