Extra charging points in ex bg caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
saniman
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Extra charging points in ex bg caddy

Post by saniman »

Just brought 15 plate ex bg maxi with additional cigarette charging points in cab and rear but none of them seem to be live, is there a hidden switch somewhere? Also what is the box of tricks labeled battery isolator with little red button by the battery all about?

TIA.
XTX
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Extra charging points in ex bg caddy

Post by XTX »

The battery isolator prevents your battery from draining beyond a certain voltage, so that you have enough juice to start the van.
Mine kicked in yesterday, it kills power to the van until you press the red button, then it powers everything back up and you can start the van. I was in and out the van all day, so the led lights in the back were on/off all day and my dash cam is playing up (seems to be draining the battery and getting hot etc).

There is an extra fuse box in my ex_BG 2011 Caddy, that is behind the cubby hole. It has about 6-8 fuses in it for various things, like the additional cab LED strip light, tracking, phone, torch etc (mine only has one circuit connected in it, they cut the rest out before selling it).
2011 ex-BG Caddy Maxi
saniman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by saniman »

Many thanks for that.
saniman
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by saniman »

XTX wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:59 pm The battery isolator prevents your battery from draining beyond a certain voltage, so that you have enough juice to start the van.
Mine kicked in yesterday, it kills power to the van until you press the red button, then it powers everything back up and you can start the van. I was in and out the van all day, so the led lights in the back were on/off all day and my dash cam is playing up (seems to be draining the battery and getting hot etc).

There is an extra fuse box in my ex_BG 2011 Caddy, that is behind the cubby hole. It has about 6-8 fuses in it for various things, like the additional cab LED strip light, tracking, phone, torch etc (mine only has one circuit connected in it, they cut the rest out before selling it).
Thanks XTR, found the little extra fuse box where you said it was (took some hunting though) and yep the buggers had cut the wires :evil:
Had local guy do his magic and now have the extra 12v charging sockets working again. According to him on this fuse box there is the option of permanently live or igniition live and pressing the red button on the battery isolator can be used to stop thieves taking the van away. :idea: